Monday, July 27
***This contest is now closed. Thanks for entering!***
Sorry, but the image containing the Monday's Muse has been removed from this blog so as not to violate any copyright issues. Thanks for your understanding!
This weeks muse wanted to give you a glimpse about what we will be featuring this week at Seductive Musings.
I thought I considered myself an an equal opportunity romance reader, or I used to until I realized that I routinely avoided books that mentioned they contained BDSM. I just could not fathom why someone would want to participate, nor experience this kind of lifestyle, therefore was not really interested in reading about it. But lately more and more of my favorite authors have been publishing books containing these elements. As a result I picked up a few not knowing they featured this, and I have to tell you that I was shocked and surprised that they were not at all what I thought they were going to be like. It wasn't necessarily about pain, degradation, and humiliation as I imagined it would be, but about power, control, desire, pleasure, and most importantly about trust in a loving relationship between the characters. So I invite you to explore a darker, sometimes forbidden, and often misunderstood facet of pleasure (not just physical, but emotional too).
The entire week is devoted to this subject, and it's many varying intensities. There is not one of these books that I read that I did not love, so if this is normally not your cup of tea, give these books a chance. I don't think you will be disappointed. We have an absolutely amazing group of authors to feature this week, and all have generously donated their time and are offering giveaways!
Here is the guest schedule for this week:
Monday 7/27: On His Knees by Beth Williamson & a giveaway
Tuesday 7/28: Wicked Ties by Shayla Black & a giveaway
Wednesday 7/29: Sweet Restraint by Beth Kery & a giveaway
Thursday 7/30: Sweet Persuasion by Maya Banks & a giveaway
Friday 7/31: Laid Bare by Lauren Dane & a giveaway
Saturday 8/1: The Reluctant Dom by Tymber Dalton & a giveaway
Sunday 8/2: Secret Ties by Opal Carew & a giveaway
...and as an added bonus Forever books has generously offered to giveaway 5 copies of Lilli Fiesty's highly praised novel Bound to Please. However, the only ways you can gain entries to win Bound to Please is by blogging in a post about this amazing lineup of guest authors this week, and by telling me what you think about this week's theme. See below for more details.
How to enter the Bound to Please giveaway:
- Tell me what you think about this weeks theme, good for (1) entry
- Each day you blog about the day's guest author, featured book, and giveaway you can earn 5 extra entries, for a possible total of 35 extra entries!
- Just come back to THIS post (Monday's Muse 7/27/09) and leave me the link for each blog post and you earn 5 entries each time. But remember to leave your link on this post only, and not on the author's post!
- Your comment MUST include your email address in order for you to be eligible
- This contest is open to residents of the U.S. or Canada only, and NO PO Boxes are allowed
- The contest will end Monday August 3rd at 11:59 pm EST and winners will be contacted via email on Wednesday August 5, 2009
- Winners will be selected using Random.org
- All winners will have THREE days from the date they are contacted to provide your mailing address. If you do not respond within three days a replacement winner will be selected. NO EXCEPTIONS
- The book(s) will be mailed directly from the publisher or author and no substitutions are allowed
- Seductive Musings is not responsible for prizes that are not honored, distributed in a timely manner, lost, stolen, or damaged during transit
- All giveaways are subject to change/cancellation without prior written notice