Thursday, September 10
THEIR LOVE IS FORBIDDEN
Healer and high priestess of her people, Lady Cael is fated to life without a mate. But a mysterious explorer named Lucan Rourke doesn’t know her secrets, and his touch makes her crave a future that her extraordinary birthright has forbidden her...
BUT DANGER IS NO MATCH FOR DESIRE
Lucan has just one mission on Pendragon: to find the mythical Holy Grail, Earth’s only hope for survival. His powerful attraction to Cael is a distraction he can’t afford, unless he convinces her to join forces with him. Yet working so closely together only heightens their passion...even when the terrifying truth of Cael’s heritage threatens to shatter Lucan’s every belief—and the galaxy itself.
Welcome to Seductive Musings Susan! I am so glad to have you as my guest today. For you, what makes a romance novel a great love story, and who are some of your favorite authors to read? What's on your keeper shelf?
First, thanks so much for having me as your guest.
As for what makes a great love story, I believe that it’s a combination of conflict, great characters and a dynamite plot! Without these elements the love story doesn’t have the chance to grow and arc and zip along to a satisfying conclusion.
Oh, dear. Someone has finally outted me. I don’t have a keeper shelf. There are just so many books to read, that I don’t reread, hence no keeper shelf.
I agree that there are too many good books and not enough time, but I can’t help but keep the ones I love…even if I never reread them:) Tell us about your new Pendragon Legacy series of which Lucan is the first, and the connection with the legend of King Arthur.
LUCAN is a sexy archeologist who is on a dig in England on a site believed to have once been King Arthur’s castle. When he finds an ancient star map, he believes he can find the Holy Grail. (According to Legend Arthur left the Grail in Avalon before he died. But no one on earth has ever found Avalon) When Lucan flies across the galaxy to the planet Pendragon (Arthur’s last name) and finds an edifice called Avalon, he believes the Holy Grail is inside. So does Cael, the High Priestess of Avalon, who wants the Grail for her own people. So although the couple is attracted to one another they are both after the same prize. Only they aren’t the only ones after the Grail. Forced to combine their resources to stay alive, the couple slowly begins to care for one another. But the stakes couldn’t be higher. Lucan needs the Grail to save Earth and when Cael is captured, he has to make a terrible decision, save her . . . or the Grail.
Ohh a sexy archeologist, I love that! Describe Lucan for us, and the characteristics or traits you think make him such a great hero.
He’s adventuresome, caring, bold and determined. And oh, yeah, he’s hot and a wonderful lover . . .
I can see why he's such a great hero with all of those attributes...especially the last one:) What’s one of your favorite scenes from Lucan? Can you describe it for us, and why is it your fav?
My favorite scene is when Lucan and Cael meet. As the High Priestess she’s not allowed to touch or be touched. Lucan doesn’t know that. And since she’s caught in an air conditioning duct, he must crawl all over her to free her. It’s sexy, funny, and the scene sizzles.
I love that scene too, it’s everything that you said and more (part of this scene is in the excerpt on Susan’s website, you should definitely check it out). What are some of your other upcoming releases we can look forward to?
RION is up next.
It’s the story of Rion and Marisa (Lucan’s sister). Rion’s world has been enslaved and only Marisa can help save it. He can’t take the chance she won’t volunteer to help—so he kidnaps her.
Book three in the Pendragon Legacy series is JORDAN. And in this one the Arthur story comes full circle. This alpha hero, Jordan, has lived over 2,000 years but he’s never had time for a relationship . . . until billionairess Vivianne Blackstone, enters his life. She’s not just his co-captain on a mission to save the galaxy from the Tribes. She’s the person he craves . . . the person’s whose memories he shares, the person he finds irresistible . . . and he doesn’t know why.
Thanks so much Susan, I'm drooling over Rion and Jordan already! If you want to learn more about Susan and Lucan here are five fun facts:
- She was a three-time All American diver for the University of Michigan. After college she performed in diving shows where she set herself on fire four times a day. While she no longer performs her signature fire dive, now she does something really hot, she writes hot romances, with sexy hunks and alpha females set in the future.
- Susan has written over fifty books but the Pendragon Legacy trilogy is her first series based upon ancient Arthurian legends. During research, Kearney discovered that before Arthur died he left the Holy Grail in Avalon for safe keeping. But Avalon has never been found--not in England or anywhere else on Earth. Legend says Avalon receded into the mists. Bit of course Avalon didn't disappear, it remains where it's aways been, half way across the galaxy. But it take one sexy and determined hero to set off on a quest . . . a quest that leads him straight into the arms of the High Priestess of Avalon--a woman with secrets of her own.
- While She was walking through the mall, she spied a stuffed owl in the toy store. The owl's eyes blink. His head turns and his arms flap. The only way she could justify buying him was to put him in her book. So voila! Merlin was created and while he's in Lucan and Rion, he takes a starring role in Jordan.
- Susan grew up reading science fiction and later turned to romance. She loves combining her two favorite genres. Why? Because worldbuilding allows her to place human characters in situations that she can't create on Earth. Her heroes and heroines take all their hopes and dreams, their courage and flaws, with them into the future. Kearney wants readers to know her books are about men and women who fall in love. Book covers are really important to her and she's delighted with the sexy men on the covers for her new series.
- She loves to figure skate and belly dance. And travel. She just returned from a trip to Asia. Pictures from her trip (as well as excerpts from her latest book) are posted on her web site.
Would you like the chance to win a copy of Lucan? Courtesy of Forever Romance and Hachette Books I have 5 copies of this fantastic futuristic romance to give away! Here's how:
Ways to earn entries:
- Tell us if you've read any of Susan's books before, and what interests you about Lucan. (good for 1 entry)
- Become a follower of Seductive Musings, and/or mention that you are already a follower in your comment (good for 3 entries)
- Blog about this contest on your blog and leave a link with your comment (good for 5 entries)
- If you don't have a blog, don't worry you can earn extra entries by telling your friends. If they leave a comment on this post and mention that you sent them you can each earn extra entries (good for 2 entries for the referrer and the commenter for each friend)
- Purchase any item from the Seductive Musings Amazon store by using this link, or the Amazon widget contained within this post and email a copy of your purchase receipt to me no later than the deadline to enter (email available in sidebar). Sorry purchases made prior to this date do not apply, and link contained in this post must be used. No faxes or snail mail copies are allowed. No purchases are necessary to win. (good for 20 entries, or 30 entries if a purchase is made from the featured author's available titles)
How to enter:
Rules and disclaimers: