Wednesday, June 30
***This giveaway has ended, but you should still read the post...it's worth your time:) Thanks for joining the fun!***
We're continuing our celebration of cowboys this week with Emma Lang's new novel, RUTHLESS HEART published by Brava. Yesterday was the official release day of Beth Williamson's debut as Emma Lang and I couldn't wait to read this book. She's been baiting me (ok not just me....other readers too) with excerpts on her blog over the past week during her countdown to release day and I couldn't wait to actually read the whole thing. I've finally gotten my booklover hands on it and I am loving it even more than I expected too (and I had high expectations) .
The characters feel so real, and I think a lot of it has to do with the dialogue between the hero and the heroine, Grady and Eliza. One of the things that struck me when reading the tempting excerpts on her blog was not only how different these characters were, but how each of them compliment each other in unexpected ways. Opposites attract stories don't always work for me because sometimes it's not always apparent why the characters end up together...what they see in the other that makes it all work. Even though I'm not done reading it yet, I already know that Eliza will be the woman to show Grady how to love and be loved, and Grady will be the man to let Eliza become the true Eliza. Emma Lang is here today to talk about RUTHLESS HEART, her heroine Eliza and her hero Grady...Read and enjoy!
Book Learning vs. Life Lessons
Yesterday was the official release day for my first book as Emma Lang, RUTHLESS HEART. It's the story of a runaway closet scientist Mormon-raised heroine named Eliza and the dark, hard hired killer sent to track her sister.
Eliza Hunter has spent her life learning and living in the books she finds so precious. She's relied on them to be her friends and confidantes, and to guide her through everything. When she leaves home to find her runaway sister, Angeline, her books are her companions.
On the opposite end of the spectrum is Grady Wolfe. He has had a hard life, learning lessons from the cruel side of reality, relying on his instincts to guide him through life. When he takes the job of chasing and killing the missing Angeline Brown, he never expects to run into the bible-toting, spectacled Eliza.
She surprises him by building a fire by using only her book knowledge. Yet he surprises her by taking one of her inventions and improving it based on his experience and instincts.
They could not be more different, truly salt and pepper personalities and lives. And somehow, they find the other half of what they were missing all their lives. Two lonely people who fall in love through the craziest, most dangerous journey of their lives.
Each one is unique, and has their strength from either books or life. It's an interesting juxtaposition of opposites. What makes it even more interesting is how they teach each other through the story. And, of course, they fight the lessons tooth and nail. LOL.
What do y'all think? Do you believe we learn more from books or from life experiences?
Sheltered all her life, Eliza Hunter never imagined herself alone in the vast Utah plains, much less trailing a mysterious, rugged man hired to hunt down her beautiful younger sister. Unable to reveal the truth about her pursuit of him, Eliza plays student to the teacher, transforming herself in the process. And she when she finds herself sharing the warmth of Grady’s campfire, wrapped in his arms, hypnotized by his power, soon she is a naive spinster no more…
Grady Wolfe is more than a loner, he’s a man forever on the run. With a body and soul finely honed from living off the land, Grady knows he should leave the irresistible woman alone, but she stirs something in him he hasn’t felt before. Now he’s lost in the woods for the first time in his life—with a dangerous job to do. And no one—not even the luscious Eliza—is going to stop him…
want more...read the 8 bonus excerpts that got me hooked
Congrats Emma! I hope Ruthless Heart is a big success for you :) If you'd like to learn more about this author and the books she writes as Emma Lang and Beth Williamson you can find her at her website and blog...where she encourages you to "Read a book, Ride a Cowboy"...yeah I'm so there :) She's also on Facebook, and Myspace, as well as at Loves Western Romances and After Midnight Fantasies.
To celebrate the release of RUTHLESS HEART Emma/Beth is giving away one $15 Gift Card to Amazon.com....if you're anything like me you'll be able to imagine spending that $15 about twenty different cowboy ways (ie Grady, Connor, Lee, Nate, Zeke, Jake, Micah...). She's got so many great books that I don't envy the winner their dilemma :) Here's how you can enter to win:
Ways to earn entries:
- Mandatory: Answer Emma's question to readers (good for 1 entry)
- Mandatory: You MUST be a Google Friend Connect (GFC) follower in order to be eligible to win (unfortunately an email subscriber, or subscription in Google reader, and a follower are not the same thing so make sure you are signed up as a follower if you'd like to win this book)
- If you have a blog, or even if you don't, you can earn extra entries by telling your friends. If they successfully enter to win and mention that you sent them you can each earn extra entries. You can blog about it with a link to this post, post it on Facebook, Twitter, email...or even word of mouth (good for 5 entries for the referrer and the commenter for each friend) . Please note that to earn the points they must mention your GFC name so that I can match you.
Purchase any item from the Seductive Musings Amazon store by using this link, or the Amazon widget contained within this post and email a copy of your purchase receipt to me no later than the deadline to enter (email available in sidebar). Sorry purchases made prior to this date do not apply, and link contained in this post must be used. No faxes or snail mail copies are allowed. No purchases are necessary to win. (good for 25 entries, or 50 entries if a purchase is made from the featured author's available titles)
How to enter:
- You can choose to enter as many different ways that you want, but please place all of your entries in ONE comment
Rules and disclaimers:
- This contest is open to anyone who is able to purchase items @ Amazon.com.
- You must be at least 18 years or older, or of legal age in your country
- The contest will end on July 3rd at 11:59 pm EST and winner will be posted after they have been selected
- Winner(s) will be selected using Random.org
- The winner(s) will have THREE days from the date they are posted to provide a mailing address. If you do not contact me within three days a replacement winner will be selected. NO EXCEPTIONS
- The book(s) will be mailed directly from the publisher or author and no substitutions are allowed
- Seductive Musings is not responsible for prizes that are not honored, distributed in a timely manner, lost, stolen, or damaged during transit
- All giveaways are subject to change/cancellation without prior written notice
*I am an Amazon affiliate and receive a small (and I mean very small) referral fee for purchases made using a link on this blog. I don't use Amazon to earn money, I use it because the widgets are cool, easy to use, and serve my purposes to showcase books & such with minimal effort, but most importantly they have great prices and offer both new and used items. As a book addict I love that I can find just about anything I want in one place. If you are going to purchase a featured book anyway, and you know you won't pay more by using the links on this blog than you would by visiting Amazon on your own, I will be eternally grateful for supporting this blog by using the links, and don't forget that the referral fees from your purchases will sponsor the "Reader Rewards" giveaways :)