Thursday, July 8
***This giveaway has ended, but you should still read the post...it's worth your time:) Thanks for joining the fun!***
I love a good bad boy hero, but I also love a good cowboy hero too. How can you possibly choose between the two? You don't! At least not when you have Beth Williamson's hero, Connor Matthews, in her new contemporary erotic romance from Berkley Heat titled UNBRIDLED. Oh yeah, he's got it all! He's got his issues and has his flaws, but on the things that matter most....he's imperfectly perfect.
Beth Williamson is my guest today talking about perfection both in real life and in fiction. Read and enjoy!
Perfection in an Imperfect World
I think as a species, we spend a lot of time finding ways to tell ourselves we're not perfect. Nose is too big, butt is too wide, boobs too small, teeth are crooked, and so on. We are masters at self-flagellation for the purpose of absolutely nothing.
No one in this great big world is perfect! I know that's not a news flash, but I am totally guilty of comparing myself to what I'm not all the time. This applies to both physical looks and what's inside too.
I know I'm a bit off-center, and likely off my rocker too, and that's what makes me unique. Who wants a perfect person to love? You'd spend all your time cataloguing what's different between you and then, resentment and unhappiness set in.
My hero and heroine in UNBRIDLED are two such people - imperfect in many ways, stuck in the rut of finding fault with themselves. Alex is a girl whose spent her life searching for her father's approval, only to have it denied, intentionally or not. She's rebelled for so long, it's hard for her to find the path to true happiness, to forgive herself for not being perfect, and most of all, accept herself.
Connor made lots of mistakes, some really big ones. He struggled to overcome a rough childhood, full of tragedy and loss, and he did it by bucking all convention. It landed him in a heap of trouble, and it's taken years to find his way back from the bottom of his own self-made barrel.
When these two find each other, it's their imperfection that makes them perfect for each other. They recognize the emotional scars they both carry and it scares them off. UNBRIDLED is the journey they both undertake to self-acceptance and as a result, the love they can share together.
I so love a happy ending and the journey to that HEA is half the fun. Alex and Connor were like two greenbroke horses, fighting and twisting to get away. I corralled them though and they were able to see what was in front of them--love.
For as long as Alex could remember, life had taken everything from her. Her father had abandoned her and her dying mother, only to return upon her death to reclaim the family’s Wyoming ranch—with a new wife. Alex’s rage drove her away to Los Angeles to live with a man who could never satisfy her.
Only after ten years does she come home—and she hits the town with a vengeance, unleashing her pent-up lust on willing cowpoke Connor Matthews. But she’s in for several shocks. It turns out that the ranch is now a resort, that her late father split the estate between Alex and her young step-brother, and that Connor—the bucking bronco she wants in her bed—is running the place.
Now, Alex is torn between accepting a new family, and a lover who can give her everything she needs—or selling out to a smooth-talking neighbor and leaving the past behind her. But only when her life is on the line does she realize what she desires most of all…
Read 4 yummy bonus excerpts + one more :)
Want something as hot as it is outside...here's a few smokin' excerpts
Want something as hot as it is outside...here's a few smokin' excerpts
(must be a member of the Wicked Writers Yahoo Group to view)
Congrats Beth! That is one smokin' hot cowboy! I know you were nervous about Alex and Conner's story, but I know readers are going to love them as much as I did...especially Connor. I mean who can turn down a bad boy turned good cowboy :) If you'd like to learn more about this author and the books she writes as Beth Williamson and Emma Lang you can find her at her website and blog...where she asks the question "Are you ready to be branded?"...all I can say is "Brand Me Baby!" :) She's also on Facebook, and Myspace, as well as at Loves Western Romances and After Midnight Fantasies.
To celebrate the release of her new book Beth is giving away one signed copy to UNBRIDLED to one lucky commenter (no lucky horseshoe required) Here's how you can enter to win:
Ways to earn entries:
- Mandatory: Answer the question in the entry form after reading the excerpts, and show Beth some love in the comments (good for 1 entry)
- Mandatory: You MUST be a Google Friend Connect (GFC) follower in order to be eligible to win (unfortunately an email subscriber, or subscription in Google reader, and a follower are not the same thing so make sure you are signed up as a follower if you'd like to win this book)
- If you have a blog, or even if you don't, you can earn extra entries by telling your friends. If they successfully enter to win and mention that you sent them you can each earn extra entries. You can blog about it with a link to this post, post it on Facebook, Twitter, email...or even word of mouth (good for 5 entries for the referrer and the commenter for each friend) . Please note that to earn the points they must mention your GFC name so that I can match you.
Purchase any item from the Seductive Musings Amazon store by using this link, or the Amazon widget contained within this post and email a copy of your purchase receipt to me no later than the deadline to enter (email available in sidebar). Sorry purchases made prior to this date do not apply, and link contained in this post must be used. No faxes or snail mail copies are allowed. No purchases are necessary to win. (good for 25 entries, or 50 entries if a purchase is made from the featured author's available titles)
How to enter:
- You can choose to enter as many different ways that you want, but please place all of your entries in ONE comment
Rules and disclaimers:
- This contest is open to both US & International readers (Yee haw!)
- You must be at least 18 years or older, or of legal age in your country
- The contest will end on July 10th at 11:59 pm EST and winner will be posted after they have been selected
- Winner(s) will be selected using Random.org
- The winner(s) will have THREE days from the date they are posted to provide a mailing address. If you do not contact me within three days a replacement winner will be selected. NO EXCEPTIONS
- The book(s) will be mailed directly from the publisher or author and no substitutions are allowed
- Seductive Musings is not responsible for prizes that are not honored, distributed in a timely manner, lost, stolen, or damaged during transit
- All giveaways are subject to change/cancellation without prior written notice
*I am an Amazon affiliate and receive a small (and I mean very small) referral fee for purchases made using a link on this blog. I don't use Amazon to earn money, I use it because the widgets are cool, easy to use, and serve my purposes to showcase books & such with minimal effort, but most importantly they have great prices and offer both new and used items. As a book addict I love that I can find just about anything I want in one place. If you are going to purchase a featured book anyway, and you know you won't pay more by using the links on this blog than you would by visiting Amazon on your own, I will be eternally grateful for supporting this blog by using the links, and don't forget that the referral fees from your purchases will sponsor the "Reader Rewards" giveaways :)