Tuesday, August 31
What can I say....I have the pleasure of hosting another great guest author today. Larissa Ione is here today to share her fifth and final novel in her New York Times bestselling Demonica series, Sin Undone. If that title doesn't grab your attention then I fear you are at the wrong blog :) Read and enjoy!
***Happy to be here! Thanks for having me back!
If you had an opportunity to provide only a two or three sentence "teaser" quote from SIN UNDONE, to grab the attention of potential readers and give them a glimpse and feeling of what the story is about what would it be?
Oh, how fun! Okay, here are a few sentences that really give a nice preview, I think! *g*
“Yeah. I need sex or I die. So stop with the obnoxious chaperon shit, because I really don’t want you anywhere nearby while I’m doing it, and I don’t think you want that either.” Sin gave her brothers her sweetest smile. “And know that the second you’re gone, I’m going to ride Con until he begs for mercy.”
Eidolon sighed. Shade swore. And Con muttered something that sounded strangely like, “Mercy.”
Tell us about your hero, Conall Dearghul. What do you think will make readers, much like his heroine Sinead, fall for his sexy self? And can you tell us a little bit about their story in SIN UNDONE?
Conall is a dhampire, a half-vampire, half-werewolf. He lives for adrenaline rushes, and Sin certainly gives him that. He's been exiled from his clan for hundreds of years, works at Underworld General for the thrill, and he loves a good fight as much as he loves a good tumble in bed. Hopefully readers will like his messy blond hair, thick, hard, um...fangs...and ripped body as much as Sin does!
Their story is an adventurous one, taking the two on the run all over the world. At first, Con needs to keep Sin close for his own health, but danger to both of them soon requires that they work together no matter how much Sin protests. Oh, she needs him (she's a succubus, after all,) but she doesn't want to belong to him...and Con's nature won't allow anything less than complete possession...
What's your favorite scene or moment from SIN UNDONE, and why? Can you describe it, or provide a short excerpt for us without giving too much away?
I have several favorite scenes, but I think my very favorite, and one of the first scenes I wrote, is the very last one. Obviously, because it's the last scene I can't give much away, but I really love how everything is wrapped up with an unconventional twist for one couple. *g*
What are five fun facts about you or this book, that readers would love to know?
- Snow is prominent in Sin Undone, and it’s no coincidence that I love snow. The freak snowstorm that takes place in a few scenes is based on my military time spent in Montana, where I experienced a freak snowstorm on the 4th of July, just two days after 70 degree temperatures.
- In another snow scene, skiing is the focus… one of my favorite pastimes.
- Though Sin and her brother, Lore, are both half-breeds who have no personal symbol on their throats the way their purebred brothers do, Sin does have a tattoo on the back of her neck. And yes, she put it there for a reason…
- The “gun safe escape scene” comes right out of the book of my life. I actually knew — okay, went on one date with — a guy who had done the same thing Con did. Never know when you need to make a quick escape, apparently…
- Sin Undone sets up the spinoff series coming in March, introducing both the villain and the hero of the first book, Eternal Rider. I had a lot of fun taking Sin, who Eidolon has referred to as basically “chaos on legs,” and making sure the word “chaos” applies to her in every way. Seeing how she sets of a series of events that could lead to the end of the world, I think Eidolon had it right!
Oh, I'm sure you'll keep my secret! *g* So...shh...don't tell anyone, but I'm working on the second of the Demonica spinoff series, which is about the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. The second book stars a female Horseman, so I'm having fun with that. The first book, Eternal Rider, will release next March, and you'll meet the hero, Ares (War), in Sin Undone. I'm VERY excited about this series!
If you could ask readers a question what would it be?
You walk into an underworld pub, and sitting at the bar is a gorgeous vampire, a hard-bodied werewolf, a breathtaking angel, and a smoking hot incubus. Which one do you naturally gravitate toward?
To celebrate the release of SIN UNDONE I have five copies to giveaway courtesy of Grand Central Publishing. Here's how you can enter to win a copy...
Ways to earn entries:
- Mandatory: Answer the question Larissa asked readers in her interview (good for 1 entry)
- Mandatory: You MUST be a Google Friend Connect (GFC) follower in order to be eligible to win (unfortunately an email subscriber, or subscription in Google reader, and a follower are not the same thing so make sure you are signed up as a follower if you'd like to win this book)
- If you have a blog, or even if you don't, you can earn extra entries by telling your friends. If they successfully enter to win and mention that you sent them you can each earn extra entries. You can blog about it with a link to this post, post it on Facebook, Twitter, email...or even word of mouth (good for 5 entries for the referrer and the commenter for each friend) . Please note that to earn the points they must mention your GFC name so that I can match you.
- Purchase any item from the Seductive Musings Amazon store by using this link, or the Amazon widget contained within this post and email a copy of your purchase receipt to me no later than the deadline to enter (email available in sidebar). Sorry purchases made prior to this date do not apply, and link contained in this post must be used. No faxes or snail mail copies are allowed. No purchases are necessary to win. (good for 25 entries, or 50 entries if a purchase is made from the featured author's available titles)
- You can choose to enter as many different ways that you want, but please place all of your entries in ONE comment
- This contest is open to US & Canadian addresses only
- You must be at least 18 years or older, or of legal age in your country
- The contest will end on September 11th at 11:59 pm EST and winner will be posted after they have been selected
- Winner(s) will be selected using Random.org
- The winner(s) will have THREE days from the date they are posted to provide a mailing address. If you do not contact me within three days a replacement winner will be selected. NO EXCEPTIONS
- The book(s) will be mailed directly from the publisher or author and no substitutions are allowed
- Seductive Musings is not responsible for prizes that are not honored, distributed in a timely manner, lost, stolen, or damaged during transit
- All giveaways are subject to change/cancellation without prior written notice
p.s. don't forget that every meaningful comment you make from Aug 1-Sept 4th will earn you an entry in the "Feel the Heat" giveaway. Click the link for full details.