Sunday, February 6
I was at a chat on Friday and one of the members mentioned a Groupon deal for Barnes and Noble. Where you pay $10 and it's worth $20 on ANYTHING at Barnes and Noble (store or web). Are you familiar with Groupon? I have to confess that I've seen it a few places, but never done it before. But we're talking books here people! So I checked it out. Created an account. But before I decided to buy a groupon for BN I wanted to make sure that it was worth my $10. I bought, I saved...big time! To the tune of over $35.00. It's not often that you can say you saved almost twice the amount that you spent on new books.
So here's what I bought and the awesome...so awesome I had to share, deal that I got:
- Saddled and Spurred by Lorelei James
- Surrender to Me by Shayla Black
- Hidden Away by Maya Banks
- Sweet Possession by Maya Banks
OK, now here's the fun part. Guess how much my total order was for after applying my Groupon balance? Ready for this....$16.49 + tax! That's right I got three trade paperbacks and one mass market paperback for less than $20 with FREE shipping, when their list price combined is over $50. That translates to approximately a 68% discount. That is unheard of for preorder books!!! How did that happen you may ask? Here's the break down:
All of the books were discounted to begin with:
- Saddled and Spurred was only $7.77...a steal! (44% off list)
- Surrender to Me was $9.78 (34% off list)
- Hidden Away was $7.91 (1% off list--hey it's something)
- Sweet Possession was $8.80 (41% off list)
Now I know that adds up to more than $16.49, but here are the additional discounts I received on my order:
- Barnes and Noble has a current promotion that when you buy three romances the fourth is free (on qualifying titles). So it took off an additional $7.77 from my order since I ordered 4 romances and at least some of them must have qualified. (lowest priced book). Which means I got Saddled and Spurred for free!
- Then I have my Groupon certificate for $20 which I paid $10 for...so in essence it's another $10 off
- Finally, since my order before the Groupon amount was over $25, I received FREE shipping. Woo hoo!
And that's how I got $50 worth of pre-order books for just $16.50. Like I said, AWESOME deal!
If you'd like to save some hard earned cash by using the Groupon coupon you have approximately 1 day left to buy it (they are offered in limited quantities for a limited time). And it should be used prior to April 10th, which is why I made sure all of the books that I pre-ordered released no later than April 5th.
I've been eying these books for a while and they have been sitting in my Amazon cart. I just haven't been able to bring myself to part with the cash. But this was just such an awesome deal, I couldn't NOT buy them. If Barnes and Noble keeps up these kinds of incentives they might just lure me away from Amazon. Go forth and save my friends, go forth and save :)
Oh and in case you missed it Sourcebooks added the following books as Kindle freebies, but I think they end today so if you want them you better hurry:
- Love at First Flight by Marie Force. I was extremely excited about this one and ordered it myself, because I hadn't read this one yet, but wanted it. Ask and ye shall receive. (that's about the only scripture you'll get from me this Sunday). I broke my rule about reading a book on the computer because I couldn't wait for a Kindle to read it.
- Lydia Bennett's Story by Jane Odiwe. For all of you Jane lover's out there here is another Austin fiction novel.
- The Greatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick. This is more historical fiction than a romance, but was interested in finding out that the story involves Eleanor of Acquitane since that is the setting of the current book that I am reading The Devil's Temptress by Laura Navarre. Eleanor seems to be a very popular subject right now.
Finally, if you haven't entered my Romance Fantasy Football Superbowl giveaway, it ends on Monday so hurry. Lots of great books are being given away. I'm all linked out so you'll have to visit to find the post, but it will be worth it...trust me :)
*I am an Amazon affiliate and receive a small (and I mean very small) referral fee for purchases made using a link on this blog. I don't use Amazon to earn money, I use it because the widgets are cool, easy to use, and serve my purposes to showcase books & such with minimal effort, but most importantly they have great prices and offer both new and used items. As a book addict I love that I can find just about anything I want in one place. If you are going to purchase a featured book anyway, and you know you won't pay more by using the links on this blog than you would by visiting Amazon on your own, I will be eternally grateful for supporting this blog by using the links, and don't forget that the referral fees from your purchases will sponsor the "Reader Rewards" giveaways :)