Sunday, February 27
A few weeks ago (for the Superbowl) I featured romances that I loved that had heroes that were football players, so I thought in honor of the Acadamy Awards Oscars tonight that it might be fun to feature romance heroes that are movie stars. I mean who doesn't love a movie star? Some of my favorite "real" movie stars are...
Movie stars are like American Royalty...we don't have princes, but we do have George Clooney :) I don't know about the reality of being in love with one of these leading men, but it's something that I love in fictional romance novels.
Some of my favorites that I've read have been:
- Jude's Law by Lori Foster. There was a time a few years ago that I couldn't get enough of Lori Foster after first discovering her and contemporary romances...and the "Law" series remains a favorite to this day.
When it comes to love, he plays to win
There’s only so much frustration a guy can handle before he gets a little nutty. For Jude Jamison, his frustration has a name—May Price. She’s everything the former Hollywood bad boy actor came to Stillbrook, Ohio, hoping to find: open, honest, lovable, and full of those luscious curves you don’t find on stick-figure starlets—curves May doesn’t seem to appreciate in herself. Every time Jude tries to get close to the skittish business woman, to take her in his arms, she thinks he’s joking. Joking? Joking does not involve lots of cold-shower therapy.
Time for new tactics. If May can’t respond to his sly compliments and sexy innuendos, he’ll just have to spell it out for her. Jude Jamison is going to lay down the law for May Price. And after that, she’ll have no delusions about just how much he wants her…
- Cajun Heat by Joann Ross from the anthology Bayou Bad Boys. What can I say I LOVED those Brava Bad Boys anthologies and this one by Joann Ross featuring a movie star hero that has a cajun accent definitely brings the heat :) (this one is currently bargain priced @ Amazon)
Louisiana men? Honey, talk about the Big Easy...
Bad boy bayou movie star Gabriel Broussard has come back to his Louisiana hometown for some peace, but things only heat up the minute he reunites with Emma Quinlan. With her lush body and hearty appetite, she’s no Hollywood matchstick, and oh, chere, does he like that!
Emma just has to stop thinking about her former Cajun crush, so she makes a list of all the things she wishes he’d do to her and buries it in a graveyard at midnight. But Gabe finds it and intends to fulfill every blissful one of them...
There’s a bad moon rising on the bayou... and the Bad Boys have never been better...
- She Went All the Way by Meg Cabot....this was Meg Cabot before she became The Princess Diaries Meg Cabot. I love her historical romances (aka Patricia Cabot) so when I found out she had a few contemporary romances I knew I had to read those too, except that I like the cover on the version that I have better than this one which I think gives it more of a chick-lit kind of feel.
There are a few places screenwriter Lou Calabrese would rather be than crammed into a helicopter with Jack Townsend, star of her claim to fame, Copkiller, and whose ex just ran off with Lou's ex. Talk about uncomfortable. But when, halfway out to the isolated arctic location where Copkiller IV is currently shooting, their pilot turns murderous and their helicopter crashes, Lou realizes her day has just gotten a lot worse.
Now, while family and friends back home fret over her disappearance, Lou is on the run in the arctic wilderness with America's sweetheart Jack Townsend and only the contents of her purse, his pockets, and their mutual knowledge of survival movie trivia to keep them alive. Can these two children of Hollywood put aside their differences and make it back home without killing each other? Or much, much worse, actually start to like one another?
Then there are these that I would love to read sometime soon...
- Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James. I meant to give author Julie James a try last year and for some reason never got around to it. Now, with her new contemporary romance, A Lot Like Love coming out this week, I think it's time to make that happen. I've heard such good things about Julie James and I don't think you can go wrong with a book that has "Sexiest Man Alive" in the title!
Cool. Calm. Collected.
Nothing fazes Taylor Donovan. In the courtroom she never lets the opposition see her sweat. In her personal life, she never lets any man rattle her–not even her cheating ex-fiancé. So when she’s assigned to coach People’s “Sexiest Man Alive” for his role in his next big legal thriller, she refuses to fall for the Hollywood heartthrob’s charms. Even if he is the Jason Andrews.
Confident. Famous. Irresistible.
Jason Andrews is used to having women fall at his feet. When Taylor Donovan gives him the cold shoulder, he’s thrown for a loop. She’s unlike any other woman he’s ever met: uninterested in the limelight, seemingly immune to his advances, and shockingly capable of saying no to him. She’s the perfect challenge. And the more she rejects him, the more he begins to realize that she may just be his perfect match. . .
- And then there's Diana Holquist's Sexiest Man Alive....I guess great minds think alike :) After reading the description on this book I thought that this would be a great vacation book because it sounds sexy and funny at the same time.
Shy No More Worksheet
Name: Jasmine Burns
Imagine the person who intimidates you. Naked. I'm intimidated by Josh Toby, the world's biggest movie star. Who has to imagine him naked? I've seen it on a forty-foot screen.
Breathe deep. Did I mention he's Josh Toby? As his costume designer, I'm supposed to dress him. And undress him. Oh, and my psychic sister Amy, who has never been wrong, named him my One True Love. Breathing is completely out of the question.
Ask for what you want. What I want is for him to stop being so...irresistible! I want not to fall in love with a man who's stalked by the paparazzi, whose washboard abs could cut glass, and whose movie star girlfriend is the most stunning creature ever.
Believe you can do what needs to be done. Then do it. So, all I have to do is believe I can resist Josh Toby. Resist those deep violet eyes, those strong, muscular arms, and the way he makes me feel like the only woman on earth. Couldn't be easier. Yeah right...
- Last year I discovered Sarah Mayberry, so when I saw she also had a novel with a movie star hero title Burning Up, I added it to my book reading wishlist.
Somebody get some ice... it's steamy in here!
Spending a month as personal chef for an overindulged--and mouthwatering--man? Sophie Gallagher is so up for the challenge. She's immune to charm...or so she thinks. Because when big-screen star Lucas Grant turns up the temptation, she discovers--up close and personal--he's earned the name hottest man alive.
Sophie is fun, vivacious and couldn't be further from Lucas's bimbo bombshell type. Much to his surprise, she's captivated him. But as sizzling as they are between the sheets, once his hiatus is over, the credits will roll on this fling. Saying goodbye, however, isn't as easy as he'd thought. Will this production be The End of the Affair... or Love Actually?
- Then of course there's Susan Elizabeth Phillips, who it seems that I have majorly been missing out on between her football heroes and her movie star romance heroes. I've got to put her on my list of authors to try this year. She has quite a few titles with movie star heroes so instead of listing them all separately here, I just included them in the Amazon widget below.
- Mandatory: Answer any or all of the questions I asked in the post, favorite red carpet romances, favorite movie star, Oscar predictions, the fashions? Share the Hollywood love in the comments and you are entered to win. (good for 1 entry)
- Mandatory: You MUST be a Google Friend Connect (GFC) follower in order to be eligible to win (unfortunately an email subscriber, or subscription in Google reader, and a follower are not the same thing so make sure you are signed up as a follower if you'd like to win this book)
- If you have a blog, or even if you don't, you can earn extra entries by telling your friends. If they successfully enter to win and mention that you sent them you can each earn extra entries. You can blog about it with a link to this post, post it on Facebook, Twitter, email...or even word of mouth (good for 5 entries for the referrer and the commenter for each friend) . Please note that to earn the points they must mention your GFC name so that I can match you.
- Purchase any item from the Seductive Musings Amazon store by using this link, or the Amazon widget contained within this post and email a copy of your purchase receipt to me no later than the deadline to enter (email available in sidebar). Sorry purchases made prior to this date do not apply, and link contained in this post must be used. No faxes or snail mail copies are allowed. No purchases are necessary to win. (good for 25 entries, or 50 entries if a purchase is made from the featured author's available titles)
- You can choose to enter as many different ways that you want, but please place all of your entries in ONE comment
- This contest has several different restrictions. Please see above for specific details
- You must be at least 18 years or older, or of legal age in your country
- The contest will end on March 4th at 11:59 pm EST and winners will be posted after they have been selected
- Winner(s) will be selected using Random.org
- The winner(s) will have THREE days from the date they are posted to provide a mailing address. If you do not contact me within three days a replacement winner will be selected. NO EXCEPTIONS
- The book(s) will be mailed directly from the publisher or author and no substitutions are allowed
- Winners will be subject to one copy per household, which means that if you win the same title in two or more contests, that you will only receive one copy of the title in the mail
- Seductive Musings is not responsible for prizes that are not honored, distributed in a timely manner, lost, stolen, or damaged during transit
- All giveaways are subject to change/cancellation without prior written notice