Friday, February 4
I mentioned on Monday that I've been craving romances with football heroes in my anticipation for Jaci Burton's new THE PERFECT PLAY....and since this weekend is Superbowl weekend I thought it only fitting to share with you my own version of Fantasy Football, as in Romance Fantasy Football. Sharing with you some of my favorite sexy, and sigh worthy fictional football heroes in romance...that you wish were real :)
Some of my recent favorites are:
GAME FOR ANYTHING by Bella Andre (currently a bargain priced book at Amazon for $5.60)
Some lovers play it safe . . . others are GAME FOR ANYTHING.
He’s the Superbowl hero men idolize and women lust after . . . the bad boy quarterback with a dangerous edge. But behind his devil-may-care grin, Ty Calhoun hides a desire that only one woman can ever fulfill—and a memory he can’t shake: high school graduation night . . . and mind-blowing sex with the untouchable girl of his dreams. He would trade every trophy to feel the heat of her sensual, uninhibited lust once more. And he may get that chance . . . because she’s just been hired by the San Francisco Outlaws’ new owner to clean up Ty’s act.
The country’s top image consultant, Julie Spencer is a total pro at cleaning up the messes of the rich and famous. Even working with the man who took her virginity and broke her heart ten years ago can’t shake her. Until he touches her again. Because one caress - one hot kiss - is all it takes to spark the same knee-quaking electricity, and soon they’re mixing business and extreme pleasure. But knowing the danger this bad boy poses to her heart, Julie is determined to keep her distance.
But Ty has a game plan of his own. The more he misbehaves, the more Julie will have to keep tabs on him—and the more he can give his dream girl some very real thrills, by showing her just how fun it is to be bad. This time around he’s game for anything…especially winning her heart.
GAME FOR SEDUCTION by Bella Andre
She's not a good girl anymore . . . now she's GAME FOR SEDUCTION.
The daughter of a powerful sports agent, Melissa McKnight has harbored lust-filled fantasies for Dominic DiMarco ever since she was an awkward teenager, when the San Francisco Outlaws' gorgeous wide receiver became her father's superstar client. Now Melissa's a beautiful, tenacious associate in her father's firm, and being around to-die-for hardbodies is all in a day's work...until tangling with Dominic at a photo shoot blindsides her with passion.
Dominic has built a flawless career by being in control-on and off the field. And despite his intense desire for Melissa, he's not about to seduce his agent's daughter. Until Melissa stages a power play to break free from her domineering father-and winds up at an edgy bar on the wrong side of town. Dominic thinks he's rescuing the innocent Melissa he met years ago . . . but one night of sizzling passion reveals a woman with no limits-including a penchant for hot sex in public places. If anyone's breaking all the rules of seduction, it's sexy, irresistible Melissa.
But Dominic has a secret from years ago-one that could ruin his sterling reputation and take Melissa along with him. Will his bad boy past bind them closer together? Or will they crash and burn?
LINE OF SCRIMMAGE by Marie Force
In the Hail Mary play of a lifetime, a sexy NFL quarterback has just ten days to convince his wife to give him a second chance before their divorce is final—and he has to act fast because she’s already engaged to her high school boyfriend. Line of Scrimmage is a story of reunion, redemption, rejuvenation, and renewal. Readers will laugh and cry and hope—that at the end of the day, these two lovers, who clearly belong together, will somehow find their way back to one another.
Here are a few that are relatively new that I can't wait to read:
GAME FOR LOVE by Bella Andre
In a relationship built on lies...the only truth is their feelings for each other.
To fulfill his grandmother's dying wish, linebacker Cole Taylor must find - and marry - a good girl. First grade teacher, Anna Davis, fits the bill perfectly. Their deal is simple: If she'll be his temporary wife, he'll give her more pleasure than she ever imagined was possible. Only, love is the ultimate game-changer.
THE PERFECT PLAY by Jaci Burton
Football pro Mick Riley is an all-star, both on the field and in the bedroom. But a sexy, determinedly single mom just might be the one to throw him off his game...
For years Mick has been taking full advantage of the life available to a pro athlete: fame, fortune, and a different girl in every city. But when he meets and beds confident, beautiful event planner Tara Lincoln, he wants much more than the typical one-night stand. Too bad Tara's not interested in getting to know football's most notorious playboy any better.
As the single mother of a teenage son, the last thing Tara needs is the jet-set lifestyle of Mick Riley; even though their steamy and passionate one-night stand was unforgettable. Tara's life is complicated enough without being thrust into the spotlight as Mick's latest girl du jour. Tara played the game of love once and lost big, and she doesn't intend to put herself out there again, especially with a heartbreaker like Mick.
But when Mick sets his mind to win, nothing will stop him. And he has the perfect play in mind.
Then, there are these that I also found while doing my "research" for this post that feature football heroes as well, but I've not had the pleasure of reading any of them yet:
- Chicago Stars series by Susan Elizabeth Phillips: I have to admit that I haven't read any SEP books....yet. I've heard lots of good things about her, and if my memory serves I DO have a few of her books in my TBR. If I would have known that this series featured football heroes, they probably would have made it out of the TBR much sooner. There are seven books in all in this series and here they are in order: (1) IT HAD TO BE YOU, (2) HEAVEN, TEXAS, (3) NOBODY'S BABY BUT MINE, (4) DREAM A LITTLE DREAM, (5) THIS HEART OF MINE, (6) MATCH ME IF YOU CAN, and (7) NATURAL BORN CHARMER. Now that they've made it on the booklover radar I'm definitely going to have to read them.
- Finally those of you who like a little bit of paranormal with your football hero yumminess, then maybe Karen Kelly's HOW TO SEDUCE A TEXAN will be to your liking.
Have you read any of these, if so what are your thoughts? Are there others that I didn't scout out? Inquiring football loving hero minds would like to know :)
In the meantime how would you like to celebrate football heroes in the best possible way....with a super big Superbowl sized giveaway!
Here's the game plan:
- I have one copy of Line of Scrimmage by Marie Force to giveaway courtesy of her publisher Sourcebooks (US & Canada only)
- I have one copy of Game for Anything by Bella Andre to giveaway courtesy of her publisher Pocket books (US only)
- I also have two digital copies of Game for Love by Bella Andre to giveaway courtesy of the beautiful author herself (US & International)
- And last but certainly not least I have two copies of The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton to giveaway courtesy of her publisher Berkley. (US only)
I was going to have one grand prize winner that would win one copy of each of the books being given away, but since some of these titles are several years old, and you might have already read some of them, I'm just going to give them away individually. More work for me, but definitely better for all of you!
Here are the rules of the game:
- Mandatory: What are your Superbowl predictions? Packers or Steelers....or do you even care? What are some of the traits that you love in a sports hero in a romance novel? Who are some of your favorites? Share your thoughts in the comments, then fill out this form. (good for 1 entry)
- Mandatory: You MUST be a Google Friend Connect (GFC) follower in order to be eligible to win (unfortunately an email subscriber, or subscription in Google reader, and a follower are not the same thing so make sure you are signed up as a follower if you'd like to win this book)
- If you have a blog, or even if you don't, you can earn extra entries by telling your friends. If they successfully enter to win and mention that you sent them you can each earn extra entries. You can blog about it with a link to this post, post it on Facebook, Twitter, email...or even word of mouth (good for 5 entries for the referrer and the commenter for each friend) . Please note that to earn the points they must mention your GFC name so that I can match you.
- Purchase any item from the Seductive Musings Amazon store by using this link, or the Amazon widget contained within this post and email a copy of your purchase receipt to me no later than the deadline to enter (email available in sidebar). Sorry purchases made prior to this date do not apply, and link contained in this post must be used. No faxes or snail mail copies are allowed. No purchases are necessary to win. (good for 25 entries, or 50 entries if a purchase is made from the featured author's available titles)
How to enter:
- You can choose to enter as many different ways that you want, but please place all of your entries in ONE comment
Rules and disclaimers:
- This contest has several different restrictions. Please see above for specific details
- You must be at least 18 years or older, or of legal age in your country
- The contest will end on February 7th at 11:59 pm EST and winners will be posted after they have been selected
- Winner(s) will be selected using Random.org
- The winner(s) will have THREE days from the date they are posted to provide a mailing address. If you do not contact me within three days a replacement winner will be selected. NO EXCEPTIONS
- The book(s) will be mailed directly from the publisher or author and no substitutions are allowed
- Winners will be subject to one copy per household, which means that if you win the same title in two or more contests, that you will only receive one copy of the title in the mail
- Seductive Musings is not responsible for prizes that are not honored, distributed in a timely manner, lost, stolen, or damaged during transit
- All giveaways are subject to change/cancellation without prior written notice
*I am an Amazon affiliate and receive a small (and I mean very small) referral fee for purchases made using a link on this blog. I don't use Amazon to earn money, I use it because the widgets are cool, easy to use, and serve my purposes to showcase books & such with minimal effort, but most importantly they have great prices and offer both new and used items. As a book addict I love that I can find just about anything I want in one place. If you are going to purchase a featured book anyway, and you know you won't pay more by using the links on this blog than you would by visiting Amazon on your own, I will be eternally grateful for supporting this blog by using the links, and don't forget that the referral fees from your purchases will sponsor the "Reader Rewards" giveaways :)