Monday, April 4
Sorry, but the image containing the Monday's Muse has been removed from this blog so as not to violate any copyright issues. Thanks for your understanding!
Last week I featured a Muse that looked like what I felt the hero, Julian Darcangelo, from Pamela Clare's Hard Evidence looked like (he's also what I picture Joe Morelli to look like from the Plum series by Janet Evanovich). this week I have not one, but two Muses inspired by the last few I-Team series books by the same author that I read last week, Unlawful Contact and Naked Edge. I LOVED THEM SO MUCH! I can't even express in words how much I enjoyed this Romantic Suspense series. I can't wait to read Breaking Point, which comes out in a few weeks (May 3, 2011).
I was going to feature either Marc Hunter (hero from Unlawful Contact), or Gabe Rossiter (hero from Naked Edge) but I couldn't pick just one. I loved them both for very different reasons...actually I've loved all of the heroes AND the heroines from this series. Basically, I just love me some Pamela Clare! Hence this week's special edition of Monday's Muse, dedicated to the I-Team series that she so brilliantly wrote. On the left we have what I picture Marc Hunter to look like. If you are not familiar with his story he is a convicted murderer who escapes from prison and kidnaps the woman who has filled his dreams and his fantasies during his incarceration. He is willing to sacrifice everything for the people he loves...loved him! On the right we have what I picture Gabe Rossiter to look like. He is a park ranger who is an extreme climbing enthusiast, easy on the eyes, is basically a man-whore, but he has a big hidden heart (that's been broken and betrayed) and is one of the most heroic heroes I've read about in a long time. How can you choose between that? The answer...you can't!
I finished Naked Edge (Gabe & Kat's story) over the weekend and now I'm having complete RS withdrawal. I just got the latest book in Maya Banks' KGI series, but I just couldn't bring myself to start it because I didn't want to compare the two Romantic Suspense books, so I had to go back to reading a Historical Romance...and then I remembered I have a few Pamela Clare historicals sitting in the TBR :) Dare I read them even though I have other books that I need, and should read first? I'll tell you, it was a serious temptation, and I contemplated it for several minutes before my conscience intruded ;) I may try to sneak them in before the end of the month as part of my TBR Challenge, but then again I just received Saddled and Spurred and Sweet Possession in the mail last week....so many books, so little time :)
This week at Seductive Musings:
- Tuesday: I'll have a new giveaway for Larissa Ione's first book in her new Lords of Deliverance paranormal romance series, Eternal Rider.
- Wednesday: I'll have winners from a few giveaways, as well as the 2nd chance winner from the Operation Auction Seductive Musings Ad item
- Thursday: I'll have my March Month in Review post with a recap of the books I read last month
- Friday: I'm hoping to be able to post the Jill Shalvis interview, but if not then I will have a few reviews for you.
Also of interest:
- I mentioned earlier that this was the Pamela Clare edition...didn't I? This week Pamela begins her month long countdown celebration with lots of her own Muses (including Jed Hill), I-Team Trivia, Games, Interviews, Prizes and Giveaways! I plan to make her blog part of my daily morning ritual.
- And since we're celebrating the I-Team series, what should be more fitting than featuring the Breaking Point book trailer as our Tempting Trailer of the week!
Finally, I'd like to congratulate all of the authors will new releases this week, especially Musings authors Maya Banks, Lauren Dane, Lora Leigh and Erin McCarthy. Here are just a few of the many books that released this week to tempt you:
*I am an Amazon affiliate and receive a small (and I mean very small) referral fee for purchases made using a link on this blog. I don't use Amazon to earn money, I use it because the widgets are cool, easy to use, and serve my purposes to showcase books & such with minimal effort, but most importantly they have great prices and offer both new and used items. As a book addict I love that I can find just about anything I want in one place. If you are going to purchase a featured book anyway, and you know you won't pay more by using the links on this blog than you would by visiting Amazon on your own, I will be eternally grateful for supporting this blog by using the links, and don't forget that the referral fees from your purchases will sponsor the "Reader Rewards" giveaways :)