Monday, June 20
Sorry, but the image containing the Monday's Muse has been removed from this blog so as not to violate any copyright issues. Thanks for your understanding!
This past weekend I cheated on my bookcover lover Jed Hill, with a relative of his and I don't even know his name :0 I'm talking about my new booklover cover obessesion, the third book in Jaci Burton's Play by Play series, Taking a Shot. Have you seen it in it's OMG-ness? ....it is....OMG Ah-mazing. It puts Jed Hill's cover on The Perfect Play to shame....yes, shame! If you don't believe me, take a look at it here. I did feel kind of bad about cheating, which is why I thought Jed should be our Muse this week. After all he is still damn fine...playing his instrument (to perfection no doubt).
Over the weekend I started to watch Carnal Innocence that was on Lifetime....and the acting was so awful, that I couldn't finish it. I hadn't read the book, and if the TV movie was anything like the book, I don't think I'll bother with that either. I have to admit, I've never really been a Nora Roberts fan. I know a lot of people are, and my Mother loves her, but for me the one or two that I read were a little light on the romance for my tastes.
I also went to a local art fair and bought a print with fish. Once I get it framed, and maybe re-matted I'll post a picture of the picture. I really love it. We also feed some pretzel to the ducks (or at least tried to) at the park that held the art fair...apparently ducks don't like pretzels. I thought that since they were bread like that they would gobble it up, but no. Who knew :)
This week at Seductive Musings:
- Tuesday: Review for The Soldier by Grace Burrowes, and if I have time Just Like Heaven by Julia Quinn
- Wednesday: Erotic Romance author Karen Erickson will by my guest to celebrate her first historical romance, Lessons in Indiscretion.
- Thursday: Historical Romance legend, Jane Feather will be at Seductive Musings to celebrate her newest novel, A Wedding Wager
- Friday: a Lendle giveaway. What's that you ask? You'll have to come back on Friday to find out.
- Tempting Trailer: My tempting trailer this week is for Kate Douglas's Wolf Tales 12. If I'm not mistaken this is the final book in the Wolf Tales series :(
Also of Interest:
- I don't have anything to report here because I am waaaaay behind on my blog readings since I wasn't able to get online much last week. If there is anything you'd like to share feel free to post it in the comments.
Finally, I'd like to congratulate all of the authors will new releases this week!
*I am an Amazon affiliate and receive a small (and I mean very small) referral fee for purchases made using a link on this blog. I don't use Amazon to earn money, I use it because the widgets are cool, easy to use, and serve my purposes to showcase books & such with minimal effort, but most importantly they have great prices and offer both new and used items. As a book addict I love that I can find just about anything I want in one place. If you are going to purchase a featured book anyway, and you know you won't pay more by using the links on this blog than you would by visiting Amazon on your own, I will be eternally grateful for supporting this blog by using the links, and don't forget that the referral fees from your purchases will sponsor the "Reader Rewards" giveaways :)