Wednesday, July 20
A good kiss is a very heady thing. I mean....yeah...a great kiss can leave you breathless, with your brain scrambled, and weak in the knees. Even reading about a great kiss in a romance can give you a rush (at least it does me).
One of the things that I initially found intriguing about Lora Leigh's Breeds series was that magical elixir and aphrodisiac that the Breeds kisses contained...that made them irresistible to their mate. Their kisses were addictive and left their mate craving more. Who knew that there was actual science behind that idea! Author Dianne Venetta is my guest today to share her thoughts about the "Power of a Kiss" and share a bit about her new e-book Jennifer's Garden. Read and enjoy!
The Power of a Kiss
I recently read there is a scientific reason why kissing turns a woman's knees to pudding (make mine chocolate). It's all in the delivery. More than the wisp of breath against your cheek, the promise of things to come whispered in your ear followed by the graze of his lips against yours, it seems kissing that tall dark handsome man of yours is more than romantic—he's slipping in a secret weapon with his tongue.
He's sharing a known libido stimulant for men and women alike. Turns out male saliva contains testosterone and when your lips are locked in an everlasting smooch, he's delivering the goods to you! (You can thank him later.) And not only that, but kissing floods the bloodstream with dopamine, stimulating the brain with a natural high.
Are you still with me? Because it only gets better. Getting up close and personal with your man keeps your heart healthy, too, by keeping the cholesterol in check. So next time anyone asks why you read those steamy novels, you tell them it's for your health. Then close the door and flip over the "do not disturb" sign.
Because read you will—read you must!—and nothing or no one will stop you. Have they never enjoyed a seductive romance of their own? Never lost themselves to the fantasy of "what if" or the pleasure of "take me now?"
Poor souls. Romance novels speak to the heart of human experience. Nothing is more primal than the attraction between the sexes. And nothing more delicious. Whether it be the temptation of the impossible facing the heroine in my current novel JENNIFER’S GARDEN, or the challenge of "how far can we go before someone gets hurt" for the heroine in my next, lust is one of the most powerful facts of life—physically, emotionally and scientifically!
So enjoy your seductive musings and relish the desire coursing through your veins. It's good for you. And good for your man if he knows what's good for him!
In a race against time, cardiologist Jennifer Hamilton is caught between her mother’s dying wish and taking the risk of a lifetime with Jackson Montgomery. He’s the man hired to complete the landscaping for her new home; the venue for her upcoming wedding. He’s everything she never wanted in a man, but as the job progresses, his lure pulls strong. It’s an attraction she cannot deny.
And one that puts her career on the line.
Congrats Dianne and thank you for being my guest today! If you would like to learn more about Dianne Venetta and the books she writes you can find her at her website www.diannevenetta.com, her book blog, her garden and recipe blog, Twitter, and Facebook.
To celebrate her new book, author Dianne Venetta would like to giveaway a digital copy of Jennifer's Garden to one Musings follower. Here's how you can enter to win...
Ways to earn entries:
- Mandatory: Leave a comment or question for Dianne, and tell me...what is your most memorable kiss? (fact or fiction...doesn't matter) (good for 1 entry)
- Mandatory: You MUST be a Google Friend Connect (GFC) follower in order to be eligible to win (unfortunately an email subscriber, or subscription in Google reader, and a follower are not the same thing so make sure you are signed up as a follower if you'd like to win this book)
- If you have a blog, or even if you don't, you can earn extra entries by telling your friends. If they successfully enter to win and mention that you sent them you can each earn extra entries. You can blog about it with a link to this post, post it on Facebook, Twitter, email...or even word of mouth (good for 5 entries for the referrer and the commenter for each friend) . Please note that to earn the points they must mention your GFC name so that I can match you.
- Purchase any item from the Seductive Musings Amazon store by using this link, or the Amazon widget contained within this post and email a copy of your purchase receipt to me no later than the deadline to enter (email available in sidebar). Sorry purchases made prior to this date do not apply, and link contained in this post must be used. No faxes or snail mail copies are allowed. No purchases are necessary to win. (good for 25 entries, or 50 entries if a purchase is made from the featured author's available titles)
How to enter:
- You can choose to enter as many different ways that you want, but please place all of your entries in ONE comment
Rules and disclaimers:
- This contest is open to US & International addresses
- You must be at least 18 years or older, or of legal age in your country
- The contest will end on July 23rd at 11:59 pm EST and winner will be posted after they have been selected
- Winner(s) will be selected using Random.org
- The book(s) will be mailed directly from the publisher or author and no substitutions are allowed
- Winners will be subject to one copy per household, which means that if you win the same title in two or more contests, that you will only receive one copy of the title in the mail
- Seductive Musings is not responsible for prizes that are not honored, distributed in a timely manner, lost, stolen, or damaged during transit
- All giveaways are subject to change/cancellation without prior written notice
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.