Friday, July 29
Today we're talking about improper behavior...ie sex in Historical Romance. Want to find out what author Mia Marlowe has to say about it and terms such as "ruddy tower of power"? Then read on my book loving friends!
It also convinced me that every scene—especially the sex scenes—should deepen my characters or propel the story. Preferably both.
What “purplism” frustrates you? My mother hates the word “groin.” Any time we write about body parts or sexual acts, someone will be offended by the words we use. What term do you wish your favorite author would leave out?
Unsuitable. Forbidden. Oh-so-seductive. These gentlemen are hardly respectable. But they are the very, very best…
“Talbot’s Ace” by Diane Whiteside
He rules Colorado’s most glittering, anything-goes gambling palace. And Justin Talbot never does something for nothing. But if daring Boston aristocrat Charlotte Morland needs his protection from a dangerous enemy, he’ll have no choice but to make her business his pleasure…
“To Match a Thief” by Maggie Robinson
Ex-pickpocket Sir Simon Keith can finally afford the best of everything. But London’s most-desired courtesan is his lost love Lucy. Now Simon will need his wits and his considerably large…wiles to win his way back into her bed—and into her heart.
“A Knack for Trouble” by Mia Marlowe
Lord Aidan Stonemere didn’t go from prison to a title playing by society’s rules. If he wants something, he takes it, and Rosalinde Burke didn’t object to being taken. Once. To keep her from marrying a staid viscount, Aidan’s about to remind her how deliciously good being bad feels…
Right now, Mia's publisher is running a special a Brava Kindle bundle with IMPROPER GENTLEMEN, TO TOUCH A THIEF, and MISTRESS BY MISTAKE for only $16.49 which is an absolute steal on these fantastic romances, since it would cost you more than 33.00 if you bought them in print individually. That's a whopping off 60% of the cover price of $42.00 when you buy the Kindle bundle. That's the kind of deal that I LOVE! If I didn't already have two out of the three books I would be jumping on this in a major way...not that that should influence you at all (pssst buy it!)
- Mandatory: Answer the question Mia asked readers in her post and/or leave a comment or question for Mia (good for 1 entry)
- Mandatory: You MUST be a Google Friend Connect (GFC) follower in order to be eligible to win (unfortunately an email subscriber, or subscription in Google reader, and a follower are not the same thing so make sure you are signed up as a follower if you'd like to win this book)
- You can choose to enter as many different ways that you want, but please place all of your entries in ONE comment
- This contest is open to US & International addresses
- You must be at least 18 years or older, or of legal age in your country
- The contest will end on July 30th at 11:59 pm EST and winner will be posted after they have been selected
- Winner(s) will be selected using Random.org
- The book(s) will be mailed directly from the publisher or author and no substitutions are allowed
- Winners will be subject to one copy per household, which means that if you win the same title in two or more contests, that you will only receive one copy of the title in the mail
- Seductive Musings is not responsible for prizes that are not honored, distributed in a timely manner, lost, stolen, or damaged during transit
- All giveaways are subject to change/cancellation without prior written notice