Friday, July 8
When I talk to friends about books that I've read, the conversation ALWAYS turns to what was your favorite part? Like, "can you believe...?", or "how hot was that!", or even "I cried buckets when....". I have to admit, it's one of my favorite parts about talking about books. I love to find out what someone else's favorite scenes from a romance novel was.
For me, it's a way to cut right to the chase. Especially if it's a book that you haven't read and want to know more about, even though it is somewhat subjective, it's the enthusiasm (or lack thereof) of the person that you are talking to that can sometimes decide whether or not I read a book I'm on the fence about. And the more I read the more I realize that my favorite bits, are almost never the same. It varies from book to book. It's not always a love scene, but it's almost always an intimate moment (whether it be a conversation, a kiss, or more) between the Hero and the Heroine.
Erotic Romance author Stephanie Julian is my special guest today to share a few of her favorite moments from her new erotic paranormal romance, What a Goddess Wants, the first book in her new Forgotten Goddesses series. I'm thinking it would be good to be a Goddess :) Read and enjoy!
Wow, that’s a tough one. Do I choose the first meeting of my hero and heroine? Their first kiss? The first love scene? Or the moment they realize they’ve fallen in love? All those scenes have a special meaning for the book and they’re among the hardest to write. You have to balance the forward motion of the plot with the emotional growth between the characters.
So, I don’t know that I’ll be able to pick a favorite scene. So I picked a couple.
This is how Tessa, aka Thesan, Etruscan Goddess of the Dawn, and Caligo, a legendary Cimmerian warrior, meet, which also happens to be their first love scene:
Tessa struggled out of a much-needed sleep because she felt someone close.
Someone desired her. Ached for her so badly that his need brushed against her senses like a cat rubbing against her leg and begging for a caress.
How long had it been since someone had truly needed her?
She took a deep breath, her eyes still closed, and caught the scent of a male.
Oh my, he smelled good. No, he smelled wonderful—a little sweat, a little spice, a whole lot turned on.
He wanted her. She felt his desire like a blanket of heat on her skin.
Forcing her lids to open, she found herself staring into moonlight-gray eyes, half hidden beneath midnight-black bangs.
Those bangs nearly reached the tip of a slightly crooked nose that’d been broken at least once in his life. Possibly more than once, if the scar on his left cheekbone and the one under the cleft in his chin were any indication of the life he’d led.
She followed the line of his jaw back up to his ear, noting that the rest of his hair wasn’t as long but clipped tight to his head. She lifted her hands to brush the bangs out of his eyes—and realized he’d tied her to the bed.
Then there’s their first kiss:
He bent his head and kissed her. Hard. With his hands on her shoulders, he pushed her backward until she hit the wall and then trapped her there with his body.
The heat of his body seeped into hers, his scent so enticing. She let him plunder her mouth without protest, opening wider to take more of him.
He took the hint and thrust his tongue into her mouth, forcing her tongue to duel with his. When his hands slid down to land on her hips so he could tilt her pelvis into his, she ground herself against his rock-hard erection.
And finally, the moment they declare their love
“Cal. Love you.”
Tessa’s weak voice sent a bolt of pain straight into his chest.
His gaze connected with her beautiful blue eyes, now dull and listless.
And his heart stuttered.
She’d just given up. “Gods damn it. No, Tessa. Don’t you dare give up on me. I’ll take you up. We’ll find the sun and you will be fine.”
I can’t choose a favorite scene. I love them all.
Do you have a favorite among the three?
In his arms, her magic powers are on the rise…
Tess, Etruscan Goddess of the Dawn, is desperately fighting off a malicious god, but her powers are weakening. She needs a hero and fast, because only sexual energy can give her strength. So she seeks out Caligo, whose sexual prowess is legendary…
And she’s the only one who can bring him into the light…
Caligo is a fabled Cimmerian warrior determined to stay away from spoiled goddesses who trample heart after they’ev had their fun. But there’s something irresistibly hot and inviting about Tessa, and he knows he’s her only chance to escape the encroaching darkeness…
Congratulations Stephanie and thanks so much for being my guest today! What a Goddess Wants must be selling like hotcakes because the last time I checked Amazon only had two print copies left :) Hopefully readers will be just as anxious to read the next two books in the Forgotten Goddess series, How to Worship a Goddess(12/2011), and Goddess in the Middle (7/2012)...both sound immensely seductive, just by the titles alone!
If you'd like to learn more about Stephanie Julian and the erotic romances that she writes you can find her at her website www.stephaniejulian.com, her blog, Facebook, Twitter, and Goodreads.
To celebrate the release of the first book in Stephanie's new erotic paranormal romance Forgotten Goddesses series, What a Goddess Wants, her publisher, Sourcebooks Casablanca would like to giveaway a copy of the book to TWO lucky Musings followers.
Ways to earn entries:
- Mandatory: Answer the question Stephanie asked readers in her post (good for 1 entry)
- Mandatory: You MUST be a Google Friend Connect (GFC) follower in order to be eligible to win (unfortunately an email subscriber, or subscription in Google reader, and a follower are not the same thing so make sure you are signed up as a follower if you'd like to win this book)
- If you have a blog, or even if you don't, you can earn extra entries by telling your friends. If they successfully enter to win and mention that you sent them you can each earn extra entries. You can blog about it with a link to this post, post it on Facebook, Twitter, email...or even word of mouth (good for 5 entries for the referrer and the commenter for each friend) . Please note that to earn the points they must mention your GFC name so that I can match you.
- Purchase any item from the Seductive Musings Amazon store by using this link, or the Amazon widget contained within this post and email a copy of your purchase receipt to me no later than the deadline to enter (email available in sidebar). Sorry purchases made prior to this date do not apply, and link contained in this post must be used. No faxes or snail mail copies are allowed. No purchases are necessary to win. (good for 25 entries, or 50 entries if a purchase is made from the featured author's available titles)
How to enter:
- You can choose to enter as many different ways that you want, but please place all of your entries in ONE comment
Rules and disclaimers:
- This contest is open to US & Canada addresses only
- You must be at least 18 years or older, or of legal age in your country
- The contest will end on July 11th at 11:59 pm EST and winner will be posted after they have been selected
- Winner(s) will be selected using Random.org
- The winner(s) will have THREE days from the date they are posted to provide a mailing address. If you do not contact me within three days a replacement winner will be selected. NO EXCEPTIONS
- The book(s) will be mailed directly from the publisher or author and no substitutions are allowed
- Winners will be subject to one copy per household, which means that if you win the same title in two or more contests, that you will only receive one copy of the title in the mail
- Seductive Musings is not responsible for prizes that are not honored, distributed in a timely manner, lost, stolen, or damaged during transit
- All giveaways are subject to change/cancellation without prior written notice
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small (as in pennies) referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.