Wednesday, July 6
Friends to lovers romances have become one of my favorite tropes in romance recently, mainly because of the Hero and the Heroine have to make a transition in a relationship they already knew and "see" someone you've known for so long in a new light. But also because those relationships have the potential to be great loves. Julia Quinn's Just Like Heaven was my most recent favorite story with this theme, so when I found out that Vicky Dreiling's new historical romance was a friends to lovers story I knew I had to read it. To me, there's not much better than having your best friend be the person you are in love with...especially if he is also a charming Rake :)
Historical Romance author Vicky Dreiling is my guest today to share a bit about her friends to lovers story in How to Seduce a Scoundrel. Read and enjoy!
"Crushing on Your Brother’s Best Friend"
What sister could resist her older brother’s handsome and charming best friend?
Is it just proximity? Sheer charm? Or maybe just a wink? Whatever it is, there’s something irresistible about the guy your brother hangs out with. This is very true for Julianne Gatewick, the heroine of HOW TO SEDUCE A SCOUNDREL. The object of her affections is none other than the charming rake, Marc Darcett, Earl of Hawkfield (better known as Hawk). Julianne’s earliest memories include Hawk. Even though he was nine years older than Julianne, he taught her how to climb trees and skim rocks. And Julianne was always game for a mischievous lark with Hawk.
Oftentimes, the attraction to your brother’s best friend is initially based on the fact that the guy is older and more sophisticated. It’s easy to grow infatuated with the guy who is suave and savvy, particularly for a lady who is much younger as is the case for Julianne. Starry-eyed belles who led sheltered lives would have spent much of their time daydreaming about these gentlemen. My heroine Julianne has made Hawk the focus of her dreams for four long years. She believes she knows Hawk very well, but part of her growth is learning that people are complex. And what you see on the surface is rarely the whole story.
Similarly, what Hawk learns is that despite Julianne’s youth, she is far from being just a spoiled debutante. In fact, both she and Hawk grow a great deal as a result of their relationship. Julianne matures, and Hawk learns he can move on from a youthful mistake.
Did you ever fall for your brother’s best friend? Or did an older guy attract you because he seemed so much more sophisticated than the younger guys? Why do you think stories where the heroine falls for her brother’s best friend are so popular?
Every honorable rake knows that friends' sisters are forbidden. But suddenly Julienne has a spark of mischief in her eyes that Hawk can't resist. Try as he might to push her away, he spends his days listening for her laughter and his nights dreaming of kissing her senseless. He's always avoided innocents and their marriage-minded mothers, but has the man least likely to wed finally met his match?
Congratulations Vicky on the release of How To Seduce a Scoundrel! And for all of Vicky's fans it looks as if the next book we can look forward to is "How to Ravish a Rake", unfortunately no further information is available on the release date, but Vicky does have the book's playlist up on her website....so that has to be a promising sign right?
Vicky is a woman after my own heart :) She considers herself a confirmed historical romance junkie and loves all things Regency (me too!). After all who could not love an author that modeled one of her heroes after Henry Cavill (as he appeared in the Tudors), and one of her heroines after Jane Austen's Emma. You all know how much I love me some Henry and Emma! I think we might be kindred spirits :) If you'd like to learn more about Vicky and the books she writes you can find her at her website www.vickydreiling.com, her blog, on Facebook, , and Goodreads.
To celebrate the release of Vicky Dreiling's newest historical romance, How to Seduce a Scoundrel, her publisher, Forever Romance, would like to giveaway a copy of the book to three lucky Musings followers. Here's how you can enter to win....
Ways to earn entries:
- Mandatory: Answer the question Vicky asked readers in her post, and leave her some comment love :) (good for 1 entry)
- Mandatory: You MUST be a Google Friend Connect (GFC) follower in order to be eligible to win (unfortunately an email subscriber, or subscription in Google reader, and a follower are not the same thing so make sure you are signed up as a follower if you'd like to win this book)
- If you have a blog, or even if you don't, you can earn extra entries by telling your friends. If they successfully enter to win and mention that you sent them you can each earn extra entries. You can blog about it with a link to this post, post it on Facebook, Twitter, email...or even word of mouth (good for 5 entries for the referrer and the commenter for each friend) . Please note that to earn the points they must mention your GFC name so that I can match you.
- Purchase any item from the Seductive Musings Amazon store by using this link, or the Amazon widget contained within this post and email a copy of your purchase receipt to me no later than the deadline to enter (email available in sidebar). Sorry purchases made prior to this date do not apply, and link contained in this post must be used. No faxes or snail mail copies are allowed. No purchases are necessary to win. (good for 25 entries, or 50 entries if a purchase is made from the featured author's available titles)
How to enter:
- You can choose to enter as many different ways that you want, but please place all of your entries in ONE comment
Rules and disclaimers:
- This contest is open to US & Canada addresses only. No PO Boxes.
- You must be at least 18 years or older, or of legal age in your country
- The contest will end on July 16th at 11:59 pm EST and winner will be posted after they have been selected
- Winner(s) will be selected using Random.org
- The winner(s) will have THREE days from the date they are posted to provide a mailing address. If you do not contact me within three days a replacement winner will be selected. NO EXCEPTIONS
- The book(s) will be mailed directly from the publisher or author and no substitutions are allowed
- Winners will be subject to one copy per household, which means that if you win the same title in two or more contests, that you will only receive one copy of the title in the mail
- Seductive Musings is not responsible for prizes that are not honored, distributed in a timely manner, lost, stolen, or damaged during transit
- All giveaways are subject to change/cancellation without prior written notice
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.