Monday, July 25
Sorry, but the image containing the Monday's Muse has been removed from this blog so as not to violate any copyright issues. Thanks for your understanding!
This week's Muse is inspired by a book I just read this past weekend that I know is on many a wishlist. I'm talking about Jaci Burton's Changing the Game. It gave me a whole new appreciation for baseball...after all it's America's favorite past time (although I am still partial to football). I think our Muse could become one of my favorite past times, with or without the baseball association :) What do you think? All I know is that I tend to love baseball more in romance, than in real life. For instance, Slow Heat and Double Play by Jill Shalvis. Who can forget Bull Durham with Kevin Costner. And now I can add Changing the Game to that list.
In my world, I had a cold this last weekend. Is there anything worse than a summer cold? I don't think so. The only thing good that came from it was that I stayed in bed on Saturday and read with little interruptions (I guess no body else in the house wanted to get sick too). As I mentioned a bit earlier I read Changing the Game by Jaci Burton for a review, and I will just tell you now that I absolutely, positively LOVED it! It's one of Jaci's best in my opinion (I will have a full review of the book for you on Friday). I read it practically in one day, and ended up pulling out The Perfect Play which had been languishing in the TBR and started reading it since I wasn't ready to leave the Play by Play world. It's been several months since I've read a book from the TBR so I consider this the "perfect" weekend (even though I was sick) since I read a great book, and started reading a book that I've been meaning to since it was first released. Score!
This week at Seductive Musings:
- Tuesday: Review for What a Goddess Wants by Stephanie Julian
- Wednesday: Review for Rising, Freestyle by Vivian Arend
- Thursday: author Mia Marlowe will be here to share her new novella in the Brava Historical Romance anthology Improper Gentleman with Maggie Robinson and Diane Whiteside.
- Friday: Review for Changing the Game by Jaci Burton
- Tempting Trailer: This week it is for Victoria Alexander's new book, His Mistress by Christmas, which doesn't come out until October but I loved it because it is like a book mini movie
Also of Interest:
- It's the second week of Lila DiPasqua's A Midnight Dance event. Did you visit last week and see the interviews with the Romance Husbands? I thought they were SO much fun!
Finally, I'd like to congratulate all of the authors will new releases this week!
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.