Monday, August 1
Sorry, but the image containing the Monday's Muse has been removed from this blog so as not to violate any copyright issues. Thanks for your understanding!
OK, I have this confession to make. I think a man who can cook is incredibly sexy. Like in a big way.
When I was in college, after a night sitting with my friends (some drinking may have been involved) we all came up with what we thought would be the perfect man. We called him "The Spaghetti Man" and it was most definitely not because he had a limp noodle! Sorry, I just had to throw that in there after Mia Marlow's post about euphemisms about male anatomy in romance :)
Anyway, since we were all going to be career women, one of the things we all agreed upon was that our perfect man would surprise us with dinner after coming home from a long day at work. The table would be set, the kids at the in-laws, and the breadsticks in the oven. He would pamper us, and make us feel like the Queen of the castle. If the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, it could be that way for us too. We are women hear us roar! (yeah, we were young...so so young). Of course at the time we thought that the best a man could do would be to fix something relatively easy...like say... spaghetti. Hence, The Spaghetti Man.
After reading Changing the Game, I have to change the perfect man title to The Salmon Man because of the meal Gavin makes for his heroine, Liz. Gavin is so droolworthy it's not even funny. So this week's Muse is my updated version of the Spaghetti Man...The Salmon Man. I'm going to have to email Jaci Burton and ask her if that recipe Gavin made Liz was real...if it is I will see if she will share it with us. Gavin made it sound so easy in the book maybe your own man will make for you ;) And if you don't have a man of your own, then there are always the Butlers in the Buff. Bon Appetit, my friends!
p.s. though I don't recommend cooking in the buff so this apron might be a good (no great) idea. LOL, Louisa Edwards should give this away as part of her contest for her new book that comes out this week, Too Hot to Touch :)
This week at Seductive Musings:
- Tuesday: My review for Lila DiPaqua's newest Fiery Tales story, A Midnight Dance
- Wednesday: Jennifer Haymore will be my guest to celebrate the release of Confessions of an Improper Bride...hmmm, wonder what those could be?
- Thursday: I'd like to do a Thursday's Thoughts post. I've got several things on my mind but we will have to see if time will allow.
- Friday: A review, but I don't know which one it will be yet
- Tempting Trailer: This week's tempting trailer is for Bertrice Small's newest book in her Pleasures series, Guilty Pleasures which releases this week. This series has been one of my own guilty pleasures. The first one is one of my favorites by this author (even though the book didn't hasn't received great reviews). I've been told that this one is particularly hot...we shall see if it lives up to it's title :) If the channel were real, would you subscribe? I think I'd have to try it at least once...ya know just out of curiosity ;)
Also of Interest:
- The third week of Lila DiPasqua's A Midnight Dance event. Did you visit last week and see the interviews with the Romance Husbands? I thought they were SO much fun!
Finally, I'd like to congratulate all of the authors will new releases this week, especially Musings authors Victoria Dahl, Mary Wine, Jennifer Haymore, Sue-Ellen Welfonder, Mia Marlowe & Maggie Robinson, Tawna Fenske, Lora Leigh, Maya Banks, Jaci Burton, Stephanie Tyler, and last but certainly not least, Lila DiPasqua! There are some seriously great books this week that I think I'm gonna break out the credit card for. Amazon here I come! Hopefully I can get the 4 for 3 romance deal on the books I want :) What about you which ones have you been dying for?
How many Paul Marron covers can you find?
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.