Monday, October 17
Sorry, but the image containing the Monday's Muse has been removed from this blog so as not to violate any copyright issues. Thanks for your understanding!
This week's Muse is inspired by a paranormal romance I just finished reading. The Goblin King by Shona Husk, which I think is my favorite paranormal romance that I've read so far this year. Granted I don't read a lot of paranormals, but this one was fresh and emotional (which I always love). I hope to have a review for you about it sometime soon, but in the meantime I couldn't help but look for a Muse with dreadlocks.
Ms. Husk's hero in the Goblin King has dreadlocks that he strings amber beads into which has significant meaning to the story as well as to the character...so much so that I even abandoned my usually hard and fast rule that a man should have shorter hair than me and actually made me dig the dreads :) Though the hero in the story was of Celtic decent, I'm thinking that Mamoa with his dreads and beads would make a good stand in for Ms. Husk's hero because he is undoubtedly sexy, but he can also give some mean killer looks.
What do you think about long hair on men? And while we are at it, what about men wearing jewelry? Usually I don't like it, but on Mamoa it works...big time. Maybe its because the necklace isn't gold, or some big flashy thing. Anyways I decided not to question it too much and just enjoy :) Like I hope you do!
This week at Seductive Musings:
- Monday: Later today I think I should have some winners from previous posts to announce
- Tuesday: Author Elizabeth Hoyt will be my guest to share a bit about her upcoming historical romance Scandalous Desires. I don't know about you, but I've been waiting to read this story since Wicked Intentions (the first book in the Maiden Lane series). I can't wait to read it!!!! Have I mentioned lately how much I love Ms. Hoyt's stories :)
- Wednesday: Contemporary Romance author Bella Andre will be my guest to share with us her relatively new Sullivan Family series. This is one series that has been on my radar so I can't wait to learn more about it.
- Thursday-Friday: I hope to have a few more reviews for you.
- Tempting Trailer: This week's Tempting Trailer is for Karen Hawkins' new historical romance A Most Dangerous Profession, the third book in her Hurst Amulet Series. While the book description is definitely tempting, the video itself...I don't really care for. It's the acting. It's not good. I think this is a prime example when still pictures definitely would have been better....at least in my opinion :) What do you think?
Also of Interest:
- The British Babes Book Brigade is having a month long celebration on their Facebook page in honor of the 200th anniversary of Sense & Sensibility! They will be giving at least one Jane Austen related book away each weekday! All Jane Austen fans are invited to check it out!
Finally, I'd like to congratulate all of the authors will new releases this week, especially Musings author Jaci Burton whose Romantic Suspense The Heart of a Killer comes out on Tuesday! That is one smokin' hot cover. I especially love that her hands look as if he pinned them to the wall....but his hands are holding her face. Love! Congrats Jaci!
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.