Monday, October 24
Sorry, but the image containing the Monday's Muse has been removed from this blog so as not to violate any copyright issues. Thanks for your understanding!
My life has been crazy lately, but even in the past when I've been busy or stressed reading was my escape and my relaxation. I've taken a few Sundays recently and just escaped by reading what I wanted and completely immersing myself in the story....I love those days unfortunately they are even fewer and farer (is that even a word?) than I would like. But I think you all can understand that since our lives get busier each year.
I was updating Goodreads on Sunday and noticed that in 2010 on average I read about 10 books a month...basically a few books a weeks (2-3). This year started out ok, but the last couple of months I've read about half that. This month I've only read a total of one book each week. And I'm really disheartened by that...not because of the count, actually I could really care less about that, but it's representative of my dwindling free time. And I've also found that when I can read more than one book a week I'm a much happier person :) At least that's what I feel and also what I've been told, and frankly I can't argue with that assessment. I've been a tad testy with those that I love recently, and that also makes me sad. They are easy targets, and that is totally and completely inexcusable.
So this week's Muse is all about attitude adjustments...mine. And to help me get there is our Muse this week :) What do you think? And tell me I'm not alone....when you have a hard time finding time to do the things you love how does it affect you? And did you find a way to find a few extra moments in your day to indulge...and if so please share them!
btw...our conversation a few weeks ago about male jewelry...I have to say I'm liken' his embellishments ;)
This week at Seductive Musings:
- Monday: Later today I plan to have some winners for you. I actually forgot to do this over the weekend. oops :)
- The rest of the week I will have reviews! I'm actually looking forward to easing my guilty conscience over all of the ones I have to post.
- Tempting Trailer: This week's Tempting Trailer is for Shiloh Walker's first book in her new Romantic Suspense trilogy If You Hear Her. If you don't remember, Ms. Walker wrote my favorite book in 2010 so to say I've been anxiously awaiting this series is a vast understatement. I was lucky enough to get an advanced reader's copy of the book and will have my review for you this week...maybe even tomorrow if the stars are aligned ;)
Also of Interest:
- Fellow blogger Limecello is trying to raise awareness and donations for the Children of the Plains. If you are anything like me you are hurting for money...not just book buying money, but like money for everything money. So while I can't afford to donate $$$ I can save my Box Tops Education and send them. I hope you read her post, especially since Saturday was National Make a Difference Day, it's sad and thought provoking at the same time. We can all make a difference even if it's only by mailing some box labels.
- Authors Shiloh Walker, Jaci Burton, and Lisa Renee Jones are having a really big Nook giveaway to celebrate the release of all three of of their new Romantic Suspenses in their Chills and Thrills contest. The posts in which you can enter to win began last week, but you can read the posts, and learn more about the contest here.
Finally, I'd like to congratulate all of the authors will new releases this week, especially Musings authors Elizabeth Hoyt, Maya Banks, Victoria Dahl, Gwyn Cready, & Lori Foster! Congrats Ladies and thanks for the great reads!!!
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.