Friday, January 6
I love my Mom. I think she is the best, even if she is a bit passive aggressive, which drives me insane :) She always ready with helpful suggestions, and always with my best interests at heart...even if we disagree about those interests and how to go about it. But one thing she has never been is meddling, and for that I am eternally grateful :)
Alexandra Hawkins' newest hero "Vane", isn't quite as lucky since his mother is determined to see him married...like pronto. Alexandra is my guest today to share a bit about the fourth and newest book in her Lords of Vice series, Sunrise with a Notorious Lord with a special two chapter excerpt. Read and enjoy!
In the fourth installment of the Lords of Vice series, Sunrise With a Notorious Lord, Christopher Courtland, Earl of Vanewright or “Vane” would politely disagree. While he loves his seventy-year-old mother and would move heaven and earth for her, he refuses to allow Lady Netherley to handpick his future bride. For several books, Vane has managed to dodge his mother’s not-so-subtle attempts at matchmaking.
However, what had once seemed amusing to Vane, has gradually become a silent battle of wills. Lady Netherley intends to see her son married, or else. In the opening chapters of Sunrise With a Notorious Lord, his mother’s stubbornness on the issue is beginning to worry Vane.
While he is content to remain a bachelor, if he did ever decide to marry, the lady would be one of his own choosing. When Vane encounters Miss Isabel Thorne in a dressmaker’s shop, he believes he has found the perfect lady to foil his mother. Especially, when the lady confides that she is “almost betrothed” and has no interest in anything other than friendship.
What I love about this story is that neither Vane nor Isabel has any interest in pursuing a relationship, and yet, a reluctant friendship springs up between them almost immediately. Their story turned out to be more light-hearted than some of the other Lords of Vice books as Isabel teaches Vane about sacrifice, and he charms and coaxes her into mischief, while both of them dance around the delicate issue of marriage.
It was truly a pleasure to write about the downfall of another Lords of Vice!
Dashing, decadent, and deliciously seductive, the notorious Lords of Vice indulge their every desire—from dusk until dawn…
Christopher Courtland, Earl of Vanewright—known around London as “Vane”—is the very picture of a rich, handsome ladies’ man. Why shackle himself to just one lady when he’s free to sample them all? In spite of his own mother’s attempts at matchmaking, Vane has sworn to stay single. Until he has a chance run-in with Miss Isabel Thorne…
A modest and refined beauty, Isabel is a lot more brazen than she appears. When a pickpocket tries to make away with Vane’s bejeweled snuffbox, Isabel attempts to thwart his escape…and manages to steal Vane’s heart. But the harder he tries to seduce the sharp-tongued, strong-willed Isabel, the more she resists. Now it’s up to this tried-and-true bachelor to find a new way to play the game…or risk losing the one woman who’s ever captured his heart.
Read a special excerpt of Ch 1-2 for Musings readers in the flipbook below:
or in this google document if you prefer
Congratulations Alexandra! As you know, I've been waiting for Vane's book for what seems like forever and am so excited that it's finally here! *Squee* Who wouldn't love a hero that was "Dashing, decadent, and deliciously seductive?"
If you'd like to learn more about USA Today Bestselling author Alexandra Hawkins, as well as the Lords of Vice series, you can visit her at her website www.alexandrahawkins.com, on Facebook, at Twitter, and at her Newsletter.
To celebrate the release of the fourth book in the Lord of Vice series, Sunrise with a Notorious Lord, Alexandra Hawkins is giving away a print copy of her book to one Musings follower! Here's how you can enter to win.
Ways to earn entries:
- Mandatory: Answer this question: What's your favorite part from the excerpt? If you've read the LOV series who's your favorite hero so far, or the one you've been highly anticipating? AND please show Alexandra comment love with a question or thought about her Lords of Vice. (good for 1 entry)
- Mandatory: You MUST be a Google Friend Connect (GFC) follower in order to be eligible to win (unfortunately an email subscriber, or subscription in Google reader, and a follower are not the same thing so make sure you are signed up as a follower if you'd like to win this book)
- If you have a blog, or even if you don't, you can earn extra entries by telling your friends. If they successfully enter to win and mention that you sent them you can each earn extra entries. You can blog about it with a link to this post, post it on Facebook, Twitter, email...or even word of mouth (good for 5 entries for the referrer and the commenter for each friend) . Please note that to earn the points they must mention your GFC name so that I can match you.
- You can also earn extra entries by sharing the flipbook excerpt on Facebook, Twitter, your website or blog or other social media sites. You can earn 5 entries for each place that you share it and leave a link in the comments.
- Purchase any item from the Seductive Musings Amazon store by using this link, or the Amazon widget contained within this post and email a copy of your purchase receipt to me no later than the deadline to enter (email available in sidebar). Sorry purchases made prior to this date do not apply, and link contained in this post must be used. No faxes or snail mail copies are allowed. No purchases are necessary to win. (good for 25 entries, or 50 entries if a purchase is made from the featured author's available titles)
How to enter:
- You can choose to enter as many different ways that you want, but please place all of your entries in ONE comment
Rules and disclaimers:
- This contest is open to US & Canada addresses only. No PO Boxes.
- You must be at least 18 years or older, or of legal age in your country
- The contest will end on January 9th at 11:59 pm EST and winner will be posted after they have been selected
- Winner(s) will be selected using Random.org
- The winner(s) will have THREE days from the date they are posted to provide a mailing address. If you do not contact me within three days a replacement winner will be selected. NO EXCEPTIONS
- The book(s) will be mailed directly from the publisher or author and no substitutions are allowed
- Winners will be subject to one copy per household, which means that if you win the same title in two or more contests, that you will only receive one copy of the title in the mail
- Seductive Musings is not responsible for prizes that are not honored, distributed in a timely manner, lost, stolen, or damaged during transit
- All giveaways are subject to change/cancellation without prior written notice
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.