Monday, January 16
As you know I've been mostly absent from the blog for the first few weeks of the new year. It was completely unplanned, trust me when I say that I wanted to be here...I was just feeling too badly to even sit at the computer any longer than it took me to check my email every couple of days. While I'm still not completely well, I have hopes that by the end of this week, and about 23 days on antibiotics, that I can finally kick this thing. Finally. I've been sick since Christmas and I'm beyond sick of being sick!
The only good thing to come out of my inadvertent sick bed was that I was able to read a few really really good books. I had been wanting to read Surrender by Pamela Clare ever since I fell in love with her I-Team series last year, but knew they were being reissued with new material so I waited....and WOWZA! I think the hero, Iain MacKinnon has to be one of my all time favorite heroes and ranks right up there with Jamie Fraser from the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I won't have time to write an official review of the book, but I would give it 5.0 stars. I though it was perfect in every way! If you haven't read it I think you will love love love it. I did.
I fell massively in love with this book! I actually even dragged my miserable self to Barnes and Noble to track down a paper copy of the second book in the series Untamed because it was a need that could not be tamed :) And for some reason I had to have the book in paperback. I tend to be that way with books that I buy that I plan to add to my keeper library. With technology always changing...the books that I love and want to keep I buy in paperback. That way no matter what format, or what happens in the future I will always be able to read it. I have no problem buying a digital book that I know I will only read one time...almost like it's disposable so it's not a big deal if some day it becomes obsolete. Am I the only one with this weird quirk?
Again, I won't have time to write a review for Untamed because I am so far behind on official commitments, but this was a solid 4.25 stars. If I hadn't read it right after Surrender I might have loved it more, but I was thoroughly enamored with Iain at this point, so Morgan kind of paled in comparison...not that his story wasn't great, because it was...it just wasn't Iain and Annie.
Anyways, since I have some serious mad looooove for Pamela Clare and the MacKinnon's I've chosen the cover model used for both the new and improved versions of Surrender and Untamed as this year's first Muse (photo from Pamela Clare's blog). Anyone know his name? 'Cause, yeah....just holy cow yeah :) Could be just me projecting my Iain love on him, but yeah...he's pretty yummy.
This week at Seductive Musings:
- Tuesday: I will have some winners from past giveaways to announce and maybe a review too (cause I'm even farther behind than before...so it's scary now)
- Wednesday: I hope to have one, maybe two reviews to post
- Thursday: I hope to post my 2011 Year End recap that is sadly overdue. I meant to post this the first week of the year, but then the plague hit so....yeah it's late too.
- Friday: Author Mia Marlowe will be my guest to share with us her new historical romance written with Connie Mason, Sins of the Highlander. This is one of the books I read while sick and it was everything that I love about Highland romances. If possible I will try and post my review of the book on this day as well.
- Tempting Trailer: This week's Tempting Trailer is for the second book in Charlotte Featherstone's The Brethren Guardian series, Pride and Passion that was released in December. It's one of the books I have to read. I enjoyed the first one, so I have high hopes for this one too.
Finally, I'd like to congratulate all of the authors will new releases this week. Congrats, Ladies!
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.