Thursday, February 16
Good things come to those who wait....at least that is how the saying goes. But for someone like me who wants what they want when they want it, which means NOW, it's pure torture :)
I was hooked on the Sons of the Revolution series from page one of the first book, greedily read book two, greatly anticipated book three...then waited, and waited and waited. My wait is finally over, woo hoo! Historical romance author Shana Galen is my guest today to share a bit about the third and final book in the Sons of the Revolution series, The Rogue Pirate's Bride. Have I mentioned that I love pirate heroes? LOVE. Enjoy!
The Wait is Finally Over!
Thank you so much to Seductive Musings for having me back again. I’ve been looking forward to stopping by!
And I’ve been looking forward to seeing The Rogue Pirate’s Bride on shelves for what seems like forever. Some of you may know the book was slotted to come out in April 2011 as The Making of a Rogue. My publisher decided they wanted to do it up bigger and better and delayed the book so they could give it a new cover and title. I love the new cover and the new title, though I know some readers are disappointed it doesn’t match the rest of the series. Others were disappointed they had to wait so long to read Bastien’s story.
Hopefully, it’s worth the wait. After all, how can you be disappointed in a hero who’s not only a charming rogue but a pirate? Bastien Harcourt, the Marquis de Valere, escaped the horrors of the French Revolution as a boy. He ran from the murdering mobs with a trusted servant and signed on with the first ship’s captain he met. He learned sailing and life on the sea quickly, and when The Rogue Pirate’s Bride opens, Bastien is captain of his own ship and goes by the moniker, Captain Cutlass. He prefers to be called a privateer, but when pressed, even he admits he’s really a pirate. But he’s a pirate with a mission: revenge. He wants to kill Jourdain, the Barbary corsair who murdered his friend and mentor.
Raeven Russell wants revenge as well. She’s the daughter of a British admiral. She’s spent her entire life on ships and was engaged to a dashing young captain who was recently killed in a skirmish with pirates. Guess who the pirate captain who killed Raeven’s fiancé was? That’s right. Bastien.
One of my favorite scenes is from the very first chapter of the book when Raeven challenges Bastien to a duel. She’s dressed as a boy, and he, being an honorable pirate, doesn’t want to kill a child. I love how Raeven is so intent on her mission and how hard she has to work to convince Bastien to take her seriously. And I love how cool and calm and charming Bastien is. He’s exactly the kind of pirate I’d want to meet.
or read it in a Google document here
What’s the last thing you waited and waited for? A movie release? A new book by your favorite author? A visit from a friend or relative?
Revenge should be sweet, but it may cost him everything…
Out to avenge the death of his mentor, Bastien discovers himself astonishingly out of his depth when confronted with a beautiful, daring young woman who is out for his blood…
Forgiveness is unthinkable, but may be her only hope…
British Admiral’s daughter Raeven Russell believes Bastien responsible for her fiancé’s death. But once the fiery beauty crosses swords with Bastien, she’s not so sure she really wants him to change his wicked ways…
Congratulations Shana, and thank you for being our guest! If you'd like to learn more about Shana and the historical romances that she writes you can visit her at her website www.shanagalen.com, Twitter, Facebook, or at The Sisterhood of the Jaunty Quills which she shares with fellow authors Kristin Higgins, Terri Brisbin, Kathryn Smith, and many more.
To celebrate the release of the third, and final, book in her Sons of the Revolution series, The Rogue Pirate's Bride, Shana Galen's publisher, Casablanca Sourcebooks, is giving away TWO copies to Musings followers. Here's how you can enter to win...
Ways to earn entries:
- Mandatory: Answer the question posed to readers in the post AND leave a meaningful comment and/or ask her a question about this book or series. (good for 1 entry)
- Mandatory: You MUST be a Google Friend Connect (GFC) follower in order to be eligible to win (unfortunately an email subscriber, or subscription in Google reader, and a follower are not the same thing so make sure you are signed up as a follower if you'd like to win this book)
- If you have a blog, or even if you don't, you can earn extra entries by telling your friends. If they successfully enter to win and mention that you sent them you can each earn extra entries. You can blog about it with a link to this post, post it on Facebook, Twitter, email...or even word of mouth (good for 5 entries for the referrer and the commenter for each friend) . Please note that to earn the points they must mention your GFC name so that I can match you.
- You can also earn extra entries by sharing the flipbook excerpt on Facebook, Twitter, your website or blog or other social media sites. You can earn 5 entries for each place that you share it and leave a link in the comments.
- Purchase any item from the Seductive Musings Amazon store by using this link, or the Amazon widget contained within this post and email a copy of your purchase receipt to me no later than the deadline to enter (email available in sidebar). Sorry purchases made prior to this date do not apply, and link contained in this post must be used. No faxes or snail mail copies are allowed. No purchases are necessary to win. (good for 25 entries, or 50 entries if a purchase is made from the featured author's available titles)
How to enter:
- You can choose to enter as many different ways that you want, but please place all of your entries in ONE comment
Rules and disclaimers:
- This contest is open to US & Canadian addresses only
- You must be at least 18 years or older, or of legal age in your country
- The contest will end on February 18th at 11:59 pm EST and winner will be posted after they have been selected
- Winner(s) will be selected using Random.org
- The winner(s) will have THREE days from the date they are posted to provide a mailing address. If you do not contact me within three days a replacement winner will be selected. NO EXCEPTIONS
- The book(s) will be mailed directly from the publisher or author and no substitutions are allowed
- Winners will be subject to one copy per household, which means that if you win the same title in two or more contests, that you will only receive one copy of the title in the mail
- Seductive Musings is not responsible for prizes that are not honored, distributed in a timely manner, lost, stolen, or damaged during transit
- All giveaways are subject to change/cancellation without prior written notice
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.