Monday, February 13
Sorry, but the image containing the Monday's Muse has been removed from this blog so as not to violate any copyright issues. Thanks for your understanding!
Valentine's Day is this week. I don't know about you, but I'm somewhat ambivalent about an official holiday to celebrate love. It kind of makes it feel like as long as you do something special for this one day of the year, that you can kind of let the rest of the year slide. It's not that it can't be sincere, but I feel that it's a forced recognition. I may be in the minority, but I'd much rather have a random day...kind of out of the blue, with some show of how much I'm loved, that that love made him want to do something nice for me "just because". I'm a big fan of "just because" moments. Either way I hope you have loved filled days.
If you are going to give a gift, I like the more unusual. Take for instance the Hidden Message Collar Stays from Red Envelope. The "racy version" has messages like...."Make Me Tremble" , "That Tie Will be Useful", "I want you always ", and "I might if you ask me". They also have a PG version, but I like the racy version better ;)
Me, I'm easy. I LOVE LOVE LOVE beautiful flowers. The way they smell, the way they make any room look lovely and cheerful....Love. Them. Either that or a gift card to buy more books. See, easy.
And I certainly don't think that your little ones should be excluded from Valentine's Day. I recently found the book The Kiss Box, and loved it so much. It's a story about a little bear that is sad and wonders if his mother will still love him when she is not with him. So she and little bear come up with the idea to fill a box with a hundred kisses so when they miss each other they can open the box for a kiss. I think my own little love and I are going to make some Kiss Boxes this week :) I love this idea so much. I had never heard about it, but apparantly this is something that has been around a while. Simple and beautiful at the same time. Doesn't get any better than that!
p.s. I chose the yummy Channing Tatum as this week's Muse because I want to see The Vow very badly....if this movie doesn't have a happy ending....then I give up on movies! (remember the One Day movie debacle last year? where she dies....yeah)
This week at Seductive Musings:
- Tuesday: Debut Historical Romance author Heather Snow will be my guest to share with us the chemistry of love in her new book, Sweet Enemy.
- Wednesday: Jasmine Haynes will be here to share with us her new erotic romance, The Principal's Office. I could handle a few hours of that kind of detention ;)
- Thursday: Shana Galen will be my guest to share with us a bit about her new historical romance, The Rogue Pirate's Bride, the long awaited third book in her Sons of the Revolution series. Have I ever mentioned that I love a pirate hero? I do :)
- Friday: I'm feeling like I need to kind of go with the flow and see what takes my fancy, so it'll be a surprise...for all of us.
- Tempting Trailer: This week's Tempting Trailer is for Jade Lee's Bridal Favors series. It doesn't really tell too much about the stories behind the video, but it does have a url link for a free read at the end. I've not read Jade Lee before, but I'm curious about the series so it's a great way to find out if I like her as an author and if I will want to pick up Wedded in Scandal when it comes out in March.
Finally, I'd like to congratulate all of the authors will new releases this week, especially Musings authors Opal Carew, Tamara Morgan & Bronwen Evans (though this one came out a few weeks ago, I just found out about it so it totally counts) Congrats ladies!
p.s. What's up with the lack of romance books being released this week? Especially since Tuesday, traditional release day, is Valentine's Day. This should have been a book buying bonanza day!
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.