Monday, March 5
Sorry, but the image containing the Monday's Muse has been removed from this blog so as not to violate any copyright issues. Thanks for your understanding!
I spent the weekend doing some pre-spring cleaning and worked on the TBR project...which is taking quite a bit more time than I had anticipated. Frankly, I thought I could get through it in one weekend....and yeah, that's not the case :) But I have had some revelations while working on it:
- Surprisingly, it's been really freeing...and not only of bookshelf space, but mentally as well. To not have all of that hanging over me, and knowing that when I do pull a book off the shelf to read it...that it's almost a guaranteed winner :)
- I thought a bit about organizing the books not by author and genre like I had been, but by star rating by genre. And while I still like that idea, I have some concerns with that as well. Mainly being that if I read the best first, then will I still be motivated to continue on...even knowing that the books on the shelves are all probably really good?
- While I had a pretty good cutoff rating system, I found that some authors that I used to love would be eliminated using the system that I had...so I decided that if the book was part of a series and other books in the series ranked high enough to be kept, that I kept all of the books for the series that were already in the TBR, regardless of the star rating. I'm comfortable with that.
Oh, and our Muse...he's lovely isn't he?
This week at Seductive Musings:
- Tuesday: I hope to have reviews for you. That's as much info that I'm willing to commit to right now because this week is going to be a little bit crazy busy for me.
- Wednesday: I'll be visiting at Elise Rome's as her guest reader & blogger along with authors Kate Noble, Lisa Hendrix, Roxanne St. Claire & Mia Marlowe...all that in one day? Yes!
- Thursday: Mia Marlowe will be stopping by to visit and share her new historical romance Touch of a Rogue with us. I've been looking forward to this book since I loved Touch of a Thief so much last year.
- Friday: I need to post more reviews...crossing fingers that I find the time to finish up the three I have started.
- Tempting Trailer: This week's Tempting Trailer is for Shannon Stacey's Kowalski's series. This is an author and a series that comes highly recommended so I am determined to read these books...and soon! Have you read this author, or series? If so, what did you think?
Also of Interest:
- Author Elise Rome (aka Ashley March) kicked off of her March Madness event last week and it's even bigger, like way bigger than last year. She's going to have over 125 authors visit during the month with loads of giveaways including a Kindle! Make sure you check out her main page to read how to find all of the guests and how to enter both the weekly and grand prize giveaways. I'll be a guest this week on March 7th ;)
- I know I mentioned this the last few weeks, but just in case you forgot you still have time to enter author Holli Winters Kickoff to Spring Kindle giveaway. Please see the author's website for entry details, rules, and deadlines (it's as easy as sending an email....how sweet would that be to win a Kindle in time for spring/summer reading?)
- I'd like to give a big thank you to February sponsors, authors Katie Reus and Laura Wright! If you haven't checked out their new paranormal romances here's your chance:
Finally, I'd like to congratulate all of the authors will new releases this week, especially Musings authors Jaci Burton, Stephanie Tyler, Amanda Forester, Beth Williamson, Tawna Fenske, Mari Carr.
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.