Monday, April 16
Sorry, but the image containing the Monday's Muse has been removed from this blog so as not to violate any copyright issues. Thanks for your understanding!
Some would just put the book down and move on, but I've read so many good reviews about this author, Joanna Bourne and her books. I tried to read The Forbidden Rose a while ago, maybe a few years ago. I actually checked it out of the library, started it, put it down, had to renew it, then had to take it back because I ran out of time. Then I checked it out again....basically it was a repeat. I never got through it. It received rave reviews, so why am I not able to get into them?
I'm having the same kind of issues with The Black Hawk, her newest historical romance that came out around the beginning of the year. And for the life of me, I can't tell you why I just can't get through it. It's not that the writing is bad, or that the story doesn't have an interesting plot....but something about me and Ms. Bourne just don't seem to click. I feel like I'm just not getting it, and I should be. Which is why I've chosen this week's Muse. I've selected him as my character representation of the hero from The Black Hawk. He's supposed to be a darker complexioned Englishman who is a spy that poses as a Frenchman. Our Muse is much more muscular than the hero is actually supposed to be...but hey, I need some help here to finish this book before I have to renew it again :)
When you don't connect with a book, or an author, that receives numerous awards and rave reviews what do you do? Do you continue to try, do you even finish the book?
This week at Seductive Musings:
- Monday: I'll post any outstanding giveaway winners later today
- Tuesday: I'll have some reviews for you
- Wednesday: Historical romance author Lila DiPasqua will be my guest to share with us her new Fiery Tales story, Undone.
- Thursday: I'll either have a Thursday's Thoughts post, or one or two more reviews. Depends on my whim :)
- Friday: Hmmm, what to do, what to do, LOL. I'll surprise you with something.
- Tempting Trailer: This week's Tempting Trailer is a little bit different than what I normally feature. It's not for a romance book, but for a memoir. I'm talking about Paris in Love by Eloisa James. I don't know about you, but I plan to read this book because I'm completely fascinated by her story of moving to Paris for a year.
Finally, I'd like to congratulate all of the authors will new releases this week, especially Musings author Lexxie Couper! Congrats Lexxie!
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.