Wednesday, May 30
I write a lot of ménage. I’ve written and read so much of it that sometimes I see movies and TV shows and wonder what is wrong with these people. I love The Vampire Diaries, but I don’t see what the problem is. Damon loves Elena. Stefan loves Elena. Elena loves them both. Yes. It sounds lovely. So why are they trying to get her to choose? I didn’t get the whole Twilight problem. Edward had the sparkly thing and Jacob would probably keep Bella warm at night. It’s the best of both worlds. But, again, Bella had to choose. And poor Sookie. Seriously, Charlaine Harris could write some extreme ménage for that girl.
We fall in love with these characters because they all bring something to the table. That’s what a great ménage should be about. The heroine wouldn’t be happy without both men. She’s made complete because she needs each of them for different reasons. And the men need each other, too.
When I sat down to write The Men with the Golden Cuffs, I had already set up Jake Dean and Adam Miles. In The Dom Who Loved Me, I made it clear that these were two men who were ready for something serious, but they wanted to share a wife. Why? Because they figured out a long time ago that they were better together than they were apart. Both men are deeply damaged. They have wounds and flaws, but they complement each other. Jake is the brooding alpha male and Adam the smooth-talking metro hottie. They depend on each other to bolster their strengths and cover for their flaws. In the end, they’re halves of a whole, capable of giving Serena (their heroine) the best of both worlds.
That’s the heart of my ménages. I try to make the sex as hot as one woman with multiple, enthusiastic men can be, but in the end, this is a romance. This is about love and acceptance, and if I throw in multiple orgasms, hopefully it makes the book even better!
Serena Blake is a bestselling author of erotic fiction. She knows how to write a happy ending but hasn’t managed to find one of her own. Divorced and alone, she has no one to turn to when a stalker begins to threaten her life. The cops don’t believe her. Her ex-husband thinks she’s making the whole story up. She has no one left to turn to except a pair of hired bodyguards. They promise to guard her body, but no one can protect her heart.
Two men in search of love…
Adam Miles and Jacob Dean are halves of a whole. They’ve spent their entire adult lives searching for the one woman who can handle them both. Adam is the playful, indulgent lover, while Jacob is the possessive, loving Dom. When Serena comes into their lives, Adam is certain that she’s the one. But Jacob’s past comes back to haunt them all. He is suspicious of Serena’s story, and his concerns are driving a wedge between him and Adam. But when the stalker strikes, they will have to come together or lose each other forever…
And for your reading enjoyment Lexi has provided an additional special excerpt for Musings readers in the flipbook below:
- Mandatory: What's your favorite part, or line from one of the excerpts? AND/OR ask Lexi a question about her book or characters (good for 1 entry)
- Mandatory: You MUST be a Google Friend Connect (GFC) follower in order to be eligible to win (unfortunately an email subscriber, or subscription in Google reader, and a follower are not the same thing so make sure you are signed up as a follower if you'd like to win this book)
- If you have a blog, or even if you don't, you can earn extra entries by telling your friends. If they successfully enter to win and mention that you sent them you can each earn extra entries. You can blog about it with a link to this post, post it on Facebook, Twitter, email...or even word of mouth (good for 5 entries for the referrer and the commenter for each friend) . Please note that to earn the points they must mention your GFC name so that I can match you.
- You can also earn extra entries by sharing the flipbook excerpt on Facebook, Twitter, your website or blog or other social media sites. You can earn 5 entries for each place that you share it and leave a link in the comments.
- Purchase any item from the Seductive Musings Amazon store by using this link, or the Amazon widget contained within this post and email a copy of your purchase receipt to me no later than the deadline to enter (email available in sidebar). Sorry purchases made prior to this date do not apply, and link contained in this post must be used. No faxes or snail mail copies are allowed. No purchases are necessary to win. (good for 25 entries, or 50 entries if a purchase is made from the featured author's available titles)
- You can choose to enter as many different ways that you want, but please place all of your entries in ONE comment
- This contest is open to US & International addresses
- You must be at least 18 years or older, or of legal age in your country
- The contest will end on June 1st at 11:59 pm EST and winner will be posted after they have been selected
- Winner(s) will be selected using Random.org, and/or by the author
- The winner(s) will have THREE days from the date they are posted to provide a mailing address. If you do not contact me within three days a replacement winner will be selected. NO EXCEPTIONS
- The book(s) will be mailed directly from the publisher or author and no substitutions are allowed
- Winners will be subject to one copy per household, which means that if you win the same title in two or more contests, that you will only receive one copy of the title in the mail
- Seductive Musings is not responsible for prizes that are not honored, distributed in a timely manner, lost, stolen, or damaged during transit
- All giveaways are subject to change/cancellation without prior written notice