Friday, June 29
Do you like anthologies? I LOVE them! It's often how I find new authors that I love as well as ones that I already read. So when I saw that Allison Brennan, Lori Armstrong, and Sherrilyn Kenyon were in Love is Murder along with twenty seven other romantic suspense authors I was intrigued, dare I say "heart-poundingly" so? LOL.
Prepare for heart-racing suspense in LOVE IS MURDER edited by New York Times bestselling author Sandra Brown, this original collection features 30 of the hottest bestselling authors and new voices writing nerve-racking romantic suspense today.
Bodyguards, vigilantes, stalkers, serial killers, women (and men!) in jeopardy, cops, thieves, P.I.s, killers—these all-new stories will keep you thrilled and chilled late into the night.
Go on vacation with Allison Brennan’s Lucy Kincaid, where she saves a man from drowning, only to discover he is in far greater danger on land. Meet Roxanne St. Claire’s “bullet catcher”—bodyguard Donovan Rush—who may have met his match in the sexually charged “Diamond Drop.” Debut author William Simon shows us what happens when the granddaughter of the president of the United States is kidnapped. And Lee Child’s pitch-perfect “I Heard a Romantic Story” puts a whole new spin on LOVE IS MURDER.
Lori Armstrong * Jeff Ayers & Jon Land * Beverly Barton * William Bernhardt * Allison Brennan * Robert Browne * Pamela Callow * Lee Child * J.T. Ellison * Bill Floyd * Cindy Gerard * Heather Graham * Laura Griffin * Vicki Hinze * Andrea Kane *Julie Kenner * Sherrilyn Kenyon * Dianna Love * D.P. Lyle * James Macomber * Toni McGee Causey * Carla Neggers * Brenda Novak * Patricia Rosemoor * William Simon * Alexandra Sokoloff * Roxanne St. Claire * Mariah Stewart * Debra Webb
Enjoy this exclusive excerpt from "Vacation Interrupted" by Allison Brennan in Love is Murder...
“No dead bodies, no psychopaths, no one trying to kill us.” Sean Rogan leaned back on the blanket spread out on the semi-secluded beach. “Just you and me, princess.” He took her hand and closed his eyes.
In five days, Lucy was to retort at Quantico to start her twenty-week FBI training. She’d suggested a few weeks ago that she and Sean find a couple days to go away—alone. They’d tried twice since they first started seeing each other six months ago, but each time their vacation plans were ruined by criminal activity. Because they were both so busy—Lucy working at the regional FBI office and Sean at his security company, RCK East—Lucy didn’t think they’d have the opportunity.
Allison Brennan is the New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling and award-winning author of eighteen romantic thrillers and numerous short stories. RT Book Reviews calls Allison “a master of suspense” and her books “haunting,” “mesmerizing,” “pulse-pounding” and “emotionally complex.” Lee Child called the first Lucy Kincaid book “a world-class nail-biter,” and Lisa Gardner says, “Brennan knows how to deliver.”
Allison lives on two acres outside Sacramento, California, with her husband Dan, their five children and assorted animals. She’s often said she has no life outside of writing and kids—though she takes her research seriously by role-playing in SWAT training exercises, practicing at the gun range, and hanging out at the morgue. The fourth book in the Lucy Kincaid series, Silenced, was released by Minotaur/St. Martin’s Press on April 24, 2012 and will be followed by Stalked in the fall. Find her online at www.allisonbrennan.com.
To celebrate the release of the Love is Murder anthology, Allison's publisher is offering to giveaway a print copy of the book to one lucky Musings follower. Follow the blog tour for more exclusive excerpts and chances to win. Here's how you can enter to win here...
Ways to earn entries:
- Mandatory: It's Friday, and it's been a long week. Just tell me you want to win it, and you're good. (good for 1 entry)
- Mandatory: You MUST be a Google Friend Connect (GFC) follower in order to be eligible to win (unfortunately an email subscriber, or subscription in Google reader, and a follower are not the same thing so make sure you are signed up as a follower if you'd like to win this book)
- If you have a blog, or even if you don't, you can earn extra entries by telling your friends. If they successfully enter to win and mention that you sent them you can each earn extra entries. You can blog about it with a link to this post, post it on Facebook, Twitter, email...or even word of mouth (good for 5 entries for the referrer and the commenter for each friend) . Please note that to earn the points they must mention your GFC name so that I can match you.
- Purchase any item from the Seductive Musings Amazon store by using this link, or the Amazon widget contained within this post and email a copy of your purchase receipt to me no later than the deadline to enter (email available in sidebar). Sorry purchases made prior to this date do not apply, and link contained in this post must be used. No faxes or snail mail copies are allowed. No purchases are necessary to win. (good for 25 entries, or 50 entries if a purchase is made from the featured author's available titles)
- You can choose to enter as many different ways that you want, but please place all of your entries in ONE comment
- This contest is open to US & Canadian addresses only
- You must be at least 18 years or older, or of legal age in your country
- The contest will end on July 8th at 11:59 pm EST and winner will be posted after they have been selected
- Winner(s) will be selected using Random.org
- The winner(s) will have THREE days from the date they are posted to provide a mailing address. If you do not contact me within three days a replacement winner will be selected. NO EXCEPTIONS
- The book(s) will be mailed directly from the publisher or author and no substitutions are allowed
- Winners will be subject to one copy per household, which means that if you win the same title in two or more contests, that you will only receive one copy of the title in the mail
- Seductive Musings is not responsible for prizes that are not honored, distributed in a timely manner, lost, stolen, or damaged during transit
- All giveaways are subject to change/cancellation without prior written notice