Wednesday, June 27
Do you believe in love in first sight? I can't say that I do, but I do believe in attraction at first sight, and I could even go so far as to say love at first meeting :) But when you enter the world of my guest author today not only is love at first sight real, but is a forever kind of love. That sounds magical doesn't it?
Jean Hart Stewart is my special guest today to share with us her newest novel, Fiery Pursuit, featuring an Elvin hero who encompasses all of those things, and much much more. Enjoy!
Welcome to Seductive Musings Jean! For you, what makes a romance novel a great love story and what makes writing erotic romances with touches of magic so compellingly seductive to your muse?
Wow, you start off your interviews with a bang, don’t you? A romance novel is a great story if there is conflict that sometimes seems insurmountable, and a love that is true and believable. If it’s not lasting love the romance doesn’t work with me. As to the magic, I loved King Arthur, Merlin and all those wonderfully chivalrous people from when I was very young and still do. Although my historicals are strictly factual, and I researched for weeks to make sure the book is accurate, I love letting my imagination embellish my stories of druids, mages and elves.
Your newest novel, Fiery Pursuit, is the first book in your new Passionate Pursuits series. Can you tell us a little bit about the books in this series, how many there might be, and how they will all be connected?
Fiery Pursuit is the first book in a series that I hope will be eight books, like my other series. I used the same formula as for my druids and mages, starting the first book around 1890 to allow time for the children to grow and have children, and to include their friends. These people are all very real to me.
Heroes make or break a romance for me. Tell us all about Lars! What do you think will make readers, much like his heroine Sophie, fall in love with him despite the circumstances they find themselves in ? And can you tell us a little bit about their story in Fiery Pursuit?
Ooh, I LOVE Lars. He’s a powerful Elf, and like all the elves in my series, falls in love at first sight and forever. He’s tall, strong, with shining hair to his shoulders to make his pointed ears less noticeable. Unless he wants them to be and then he sweeps back his hair. Sophie can’t quite believe her good luck, and besides she can’t afford to give him anything but physical love. She’s got her father’s murder to avenge. Lars is a gentleman and tries to tamp down their physical love until she agrees to marry him, but Sophie is as anxious for his body as he is for hers. Lars means to stay away from sexual encounters until she agrees to marry him, but he does slip up now and then. He’s a very sexy man, and I think you’ll love him.
Behind every great Hero is a great heroine :) Tell us about your heroine, Sophie, and what makes her the perfect woman for Lars? And will her attraction to him be enough to overcome the revenge that is in her heart?
Sophie’s got this thing about revenging her father’s murder and I wanted to slap her a couple of times. She loves Lars deeply, but is one stubborn woman. Still, her sense of honor makes her perfect for Lars.
What's your favorite scene or moment from Fiery Pursuit, and why? Can you describe it (or provide a short excerpt) for us without giving too much away?
Sorry, I love this book and I’ve got no favorites except maybe the ending, and I’m not going to give an excerpt on that! I’ll give you one now you might like.
“Will you kiss me, Lars?”
She reached up and drew his head down, linking her hands behind his neck. His shining hair fell around his face and she smiled as she caught a glimpse of his beloved ears.
With a groan he took her lips with a hot kiss that melted her defenses. Raw sexual longing stabbed down her body, ending at that magical point between her legs that he alone could assuage. She rose on tip-toe, rubbing her lower body against his, a carnal enticement that elicited another groan from him. He grabbed her hips, grinding into her with a rock-hard erection, sending waves of pleasurable lust and longing through her.
“Lars, please come to me now.” She tilted her lower body to feel all of his male power. She adored that stiff cock and the fact she could so easily make him harden. He kissed her deeply for a long time, until her underwear dripped moisture and she writhed her hips against his. Taking a deep breath she pulled back a little, smiling at him in anticipation.
“Will you marry me, Sophie?”
Not at all what she’d expected. How could he think of anything but carrying her to the nearest bed. Or chair. Or wherever she could take that huge cock into her pulsing body.
Marry him? Oh no. I want to so much. But I cannot ruin his life.
She fingered his hair, winding a lock of it around one finger. “Can we make love now and talk later? I do so crave your magnificent body.”
Kissing his lips she felt their softness begin to stiffen. He stepped back enough that she couldn’t feel his cock pressing into her stomach. He’d been so huge and hard. How could he pull away? She could almost climax just thinking about he’d pound into her.
To her dismay he took her shoulders and set her away from him.
“No, Sophie, we cannot. I desperately want to marry you and make love for the rest of our lives. I will spend my life making sure you’re happy. But I will not bed you again unless we are officially affianced and our wedding date set.”
Most authors have a synopsis, outline or idea of what the story they are about to write will be. However, sometimes during the writing process your “Muse” might speak to you and lead you in a different or unplanned direction. What surprised or changed the most from your original intent of Fiery Pursuit?
That I allowed the villain to live. You’ll have to read it to find out why I let such a bastard survive.
Can you tell us about some of your upcoming releases, or new projects that we can look forward to?
Book Two in Passionate Pursuits is called Stormy Pursuit and is now being edited. Should be out soon. Book Three, Dark Pursuit is on my editor’s desk. Book Four, Dangerous Pursuit is in process of being written, and I’m having a devil of a time with it. My characters just won’t behave the way I want them to. Oh, and the head honcho might change the titles, I never know, but it will have Pursuit in it. So I have a lot going on. Edits with Ellora’s Cave are extensive and thorough, which is why their published list is so good.
Finally, just for fun…if you could write the “fortune” in a fortune cookie what would it be?
Your future is ruled by your heart and your mind acting in concert.
The villain who sold her into slavery reappears and Lars needs all his Elfin strength. When his power mysteriously weakens, can Lars get it back? And will it be enough to save them both?
And enjoy this special excerpt for Musings followers in the flipbook below:
or read it in a Google document here
Thanks Jean for being my guest today! If you'd like to learn more about erotic romance author Jean Hart Stewart and the books she writes you can find her at her website, and on Facebook.
To celebrate her new Passionate Pursuits series, and the release of Fiery Pursuit, Jean is giving away a readers choice of one of her print books, and a Fiery Pursuits T-Shirt to one commenter during her book tour, in addition to the overall prize, she is also giving away a digital book from her backlist to one Musings follower. Thanks Jean! Here's how you can enter to win...
Ways to earn entries:
- Mandatory: Finish this sentence: "I love elves because……" (good for 1 entry)
- Mandatory: You MUST be a Google Friend Connect (GFC) follower in order to be eligible to win (unfortunately an email subscriber, or subscription in Google reader, and a follower are not the same thing so make sure you are signed up as a follower if you'd like to win this book)
- If you have a blog, or even if you don't, you can earn extra entries by telling your friends. If they successfully enter to win and mention that you sent them you can each earn extra entries. You can blog about it with a link to this post, post it on Facebook, Twitter, email...or even word of mouth (good for 5 entries for the referrer and the commenter for each friend) . Please note that to earn the points they must mention your GFC name so that I can match you.
- Purchase any item from the Seductive Musings Amazon store by using this link, or the Amazon widget contained within this post and email a copy of your purchase receipt to me no later than the deadline to enter (email available in sidebar). Sorry purchases made prior to this date do not apply, and link contained in this post must be used. No faxes or snail mail copies are allowed. No purchases are necessary to win. (good for 25 entries, or 50 entries if a purchase is made from the featured author's available titles)
How to enter:
- You can choose to enter as many different ways that you want, but please place all of your entries in ONE comment
Rules and disclaimers:
- The ebook contest is open to US & International addresses
- You must be at least 18 years or older, or of legal age in your country
- The contest will end on June 29th at 11:59 pm EST and winner will be posted after they have been selected
- Winner(s) will be selected using Random.org, and/or by the author
- The winner(s) will have THREE days from the date they are posted to provide a mailing address. If you do not contact me within three days a replacement winner will be selected. NO EXCEPTIONS
- The book(s) will be mailed directly from the publisher or author and no substitutions are allowed
- Winners will be subject to one copy per household, which means that if you win the same title in two or more contests, that you will only receive one copy of the title in the mail
- Seductive Musings is not responsible for prizes that are not honored, distributed in a timely manner, lost, stolen, or damaged during transit
- All giveaways are subject to change/cancellation without prior written notice
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.