Monday, June 25
Today I have a really special treat for you all! As you all know, every Monday I select a new Muse, one that catches my fancy that I can't wait to share with you, but this Monday not only do I have a great Muse to share with you, but I also have an interview with him as well! How exciting is that! It's a Musings first :)
In fact this week you'll see a lot of our Muse because he is on the cover of Kissin' Tell, Lorelei James' new Rough Riders book that releases this Tuesday, AND he also graces the cover of one of N.J. Walters novels, who will also be a guest here this week. Please welcome our Muse, Mr. Jason Aaron Baca, to Seductive Musings!
Welcome to Seductive Musings Jason, and congrats on being our Muse of the week! I'm the type of girl who likes to know something about the man behind the handsome face and buff body, so let's start with giving me five to ten words that you think best describe yourself, and why?
Ok I’ll give you 5 that best describe me -
Ok I’ll give you 5 that best describe me -
Humble - Because I’ve been rejected MANY times in this business
Prosperous- Because of all the Tony Robbins books I’ve read
Confident - From all the covers I keep getting on
Creative - From not being satisfied with NO answers
Optimistic - Because when I’m pessimistic no one seems to really help me. Better to be this way.
How long have you been modeling for book covers, what is your favorite thing about it, your least favorite thing about it, and what's the average day like when you're at a cover shoot?
There’s not a whole lot that I don’t like about the job. Maybe the only thing I dislike is when they crop my head off the cover. They’ve done that before and just don’t get it. I have been modeling for 16 yrs but modeling for the actual covers for 2.
An average day at a shoot would involve me waking early in the morning after a nice deep sleep and applying a mint oatmeal masque, then rinsing that off in the shower and then following that up with a variety of the different herbal scrubs. I make sure to moisturize after the shower so that I won’t have itchy or flaky skin. I want my skin to look smooth and youthful.
When I arrive at the shoot, there is usually someone there to do make up and hair, though I usually don’t need much fixing up. For the shoot itself, they’ll pair me up with a female who I’m normally just meeting the first time. We are usually given a few sample shots that they are looking to do. There is nothing better then visual aid for these shoots.
Once we get a vision of what they are after, we get into our pose and about 500-1000 photos are shot of that and similar poses.
Do you have a favorite cover that you've been on, or is there an image that you just love that you can't wait for someone to use for a book cover, and why?
Have you read any of the romance books that you've graced the cover of, if so what did you think of it?
Believe it or not, Yes I have! I love some of these books. What creative authors they are!
Since this blog is all about romance, what does love mean to you?
That is a very sacred word, a word that should never be taken for granted by another person. It can be every imaginable emotion to me.
As women (the majority of my blog readers), I think it is inherent to our sex that we pretty much all have body issues...things that we like and things that we hate . What is your favorite body part or feature on yourself, and why? And since you often represent the "Hero" on the cover I can't help but ask what your favorite body part or feature is on a woman?
On me, I’d have to say my favorite body part on me is my arms. They grow nicely when I exercise unlike the rest of my body parts. My favorite body part on a woman is nicely pedicured toes. I like toe rings too on women :)
I think we can all appreciate all that you do to maintain the look we so admire, but what all goes into achieving the cover model look?
Great question. Well that look is that confident feeling that comes with time. When you get on these covers it almost naturally does something to the mind. Ushers in that confidence that many don’t have or want. You kinda just know when you have it too, you just walk in a studio and the people around you only say positive things to you. Very gratifying.
Just so we know that you are human, and so the rest of us don't feel so bad, name at least one of your guilty pleasures. You have to have at least one, right? LOL.
Yes of course I do... My food pleasure is Reese’s Peanut butter cups. For music, its the old 80s dance band “Expose”
Do you have a website or other social media that fans can visit?
Sure, I have 2 actually. One is a stock site that I frequent, The Authors Red Room, the other is my modeling agency Halvorsen Model Management.
Now that we’ve grilled you, do you have any questions you’d like to ask us?
What are all of your favorite covers of me? I would love to know that answer!
This week at Seductive Musings:
- Tuesday: A Musings favorite...Lorelei James will by my guest to celebrate the release of the 13th Rough Riders story, Kissin' Tell! It's been a while since Ms. James has been here so it makes it doubly special since it also features our Muse on the cover of the book. That's a whole lotta goodness right there :)
- Wednesday: Erotic Romance author Jean Hart Stewart will be my guest to share with us the first book in a new series, Fiery Pursuit, published by Ellora's Cave. I hope you'll join me.
- Thursday: Author N.J. Walters will be my guest to talk about her romance books, including Legacy Found, which Jason Baca also graces the cover of :)
- Friday: Romantic Suspense author Allison Brennan will be my guest to share with us her short story in the amazing anthology Love Is Murder, which also just so happens to include Lori Armstrong (aka Lorelei James). Very exciting!
- Tempting Trailer: Last week I featured the book trailer for Defiant. Did you all happen to catch the post @ Pamela Clare's blog last week, "A Day with Connor MacKinnon" ? If you didn't I strongly urge you to check it out because it was all sorts of oh so good it's not even funny! It's also the reason why Defiant is the book trailer of the week again, LOL. Can't wait for the mini movie *squee*!
Also of Interest:
- Author Mari Carr & Lexxie Couper are having a "misplaced" Scavenger Hunt where the grand prize is a Kindle! You can read all about the details and the rules here or here. It ends on June 30th!
- Bronwen Evans' Invitation to Romance Tour & Giveaway where she is giving away books and a $200 GC also ends on June 30th.
- Author Pamela Clare is having a MacKinnon's Ranger's Reading Challenge to get ready for the upcoming release of Defiant (my most anticipated read of 2012). Yes, it does require repeating!
Finally, I'd like to congratulate all of the authors with new releases this week, especially Musings authors Gena Showalter, Katharine Ashe, Carrie Lofty, Elizabeth Hoyt, Donna Grant, Jill Shalvis, & Lorelei James!
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.