Monday, June 4
Sorry, but the image containing the Monday's Muse has been removed from this blog so as not to violate any copyright issues. Thanks for your understanding!
Can I just say, that now that school (well really preschool) is out, that I am completely frazzled. Like seriously, I don't know how I'm going to survive the summer, LOL. And to top it off I've decided that I would try and teach my niece how to read this summer. Egads! Did I lose my mind or what?
I went to the library since I saw that they had one of those Hooked on Phonics sets that you could check out, and I was like, "this is exactly what I need", but then when I looked at it it had cassette tapes....? Really? I can't find a cassette player to save my life, so now I'm back to square one. I'm sure many of you out there have already gone through this. Help a girl out here. What did you find was the best way to help your little one learn how to read?
I feel like this is an insurmountable task, though I know that insurmountable is an exaggeration. She just gets so easily frustrated, then gives up, and I want her to have the joy of reading in her life at an early age. She'll be starting K next year and I'd like for her to be ready for it. Which is why I picked his week's Muse. He's climbing a rock for goodness sake! If he can do that, and look that good while doing it, then I can do this too....right? And he also reminded me of Vivian Arend's Xtreme Adventures series. Rising Freestyle, which had rock climbing as the extreme sport, was one of my favorite reads last year and is now out in print as a twofer (Falling, Freestyle and Rising, Freestyle in one book). Can rock climbing be a spectator sport?
This week at Seductive Musings:
- Tuesday: I'll have ELF's review for Marissa Day's new book, Fascinated & I will have a post with any outstanding giveaway winners
- Wednesday: I'll have a review for Roni Loren's new novella in her Loving on the Edge series, Still Into You. I had some serious mad love for the first book, Crash Into You, earlier this year, and if I have time I will also have a review for Erin Nicholas' contemporary romance, Anything You Want (which I also loved).
- Thursday: Avon Red author Carla Swafford will be my guest to heat up the summer with her upcoming sexy Romantic Suspense, Circle of Danger. One thing I did find interesting about this book, which really has nothing to do with the story, was that the Kindle version of this book is being released two weeks before the print book, and is significantly less in digital format vs. print.
- Friday: Is kind of up in the air. So it will be a surprise :) Any requests? Leave it in the comments and I might just do it.
- Tempting Trailer:
Also of Interest:
- Bronwen Evans' Invitation to Romance Tour & Giveaway is still going strong. I believe she has given out at least nineteen clues for the grand prize entry, which means you have a lot of catching up to do it you haven't been following along....but not to worry you still have time!
- Authors Vivian Arend and Thea Harrison are having a big blog tour with their Thea & Viv's Big Adventure Blog Tour to celebrate each of their new releases. The grand prize is an E-reader. This one looks like a ton of fun, not to mention all of the prizes! It's already started, but goes until next week (I think?) Check out all of the details here.
- Author Pamela Clare is having a MacKinnon's Ranger's Reading Challenge to get ready for the upcoming release of Defiant (my most anticipated read of 2012). I actually "discovered" Pamela's books with her I-Team series during a reading challenge that she had, and I have been a devoted fan ever since. If you haven't read Untamed and Surrender yet, the first two books in the MacKinnon's Rangers series, then I STRONGLY URGE you to take up the challenge and follow her blog to discuss them. I have some serious mad love for Untamed. I mean I rank this book right up there with Outlander, people! Read it!!!!! And if I completely fall of the face of the earth in July when Defiant comes out, you'll know why, LOL. I just wish I had time to reread the first two books :(
Finally, I'd like to congratulate all of the authors with new releases this week, especially Musings authors Maya Banks, Shayla Black, Erin McCarthy, Mari Carr, Tamara Morgan, & Vivian Arend!!!
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.