Monday, July 2
Sorry, but the image containing the Monday's Muse has been removed from this blog so as not to violate any copyright issues. Thanks for your understanding!
We've made it past the midway point in the year and I honestly cannot wrap my head around how we got to July already. I remember being younger and how each day seemed to last forever, especially when you were wanting the time to go faster because you were eagerly awaiting something. Now, I completely understand where the term "time flies" because it is certainly fleeting even when you are not having fun (which I guess is a blessing in disguise).
I was supposed to be on sort of vacation this week, which I've already lamented on the blog so I won't bore you with my woe is me again :) I will however, be absent from the blog, and more than likely the net in general, on the 4th. Don't have any real plans, but it's a holiday so I'm going to do my best to live it up. I hope you do the same. So in the spirit of the 4th of July I thought our Muse this week should be all American looking, then I came across this photo (click on it to see it larger) and thought it was destiny :) I mean he's wearing an Uncle Sam hat and everything, LOL. Has anyone here seen Magic Mike yet? I'd love to know what you though if you did!
This week at Seductive Musings:
- Tuesday: I'll have any outstanding winners, and a review of By Royal Command by Laura Navarre from ElaineReads.
- Wednesday: It's 4th of July, so go and spend the time with your friends and family and off of the 'net. Hopefully some of you will be able to enjoy fireworks...all of ours have been canceled due to a fire ban and lack of rain :(
- Thursday: Author Amber Lin will be my guest, and I will also have a review of her new BDSM Romantic Suspense novel, Giving It Up.
- Friday: Pamela Clare will be my guest! Yep, Defiant will finally be out by this point, and you better believe I'll be making a trip to the store on Tuesday to buy a copy. And yes, I MUST have it in print since I have the first two in print as well.
- Tempting Trailer: This week's Tempting Trailer is for a book that has gone through many cover transformations...and I have to say that I think I like the original Bared to You cover best, but when it went from self-published to NY published they changed the cover to look more "shades of grey-ish". I've seen like three different covers for this book which is a bit confusing. Everyone I know who has read it has really liked it, ELF even reviewed it here at Seductive Musings...it's just the story told in the first person perspective that has held me back. But after viewing the video, I might just have to break down and buy it. What kills me is that it's like $3.00 more know that it is traditionally published then when Ms. Day had it for sale. grrr... I hate that! What do you think?
Also of Interest:
- I have some exciting news to share! There will be two new Seductive reviewers joining the Musings review team. I'd like to introduce both of them to you today. Welcome Michele & Just Jinny!! Here's a little bit about them:
Michele lives in the Washington DC area with her husband, son and three cats who think they are people. Back in high school, she was that girl who was reading three different books at once, most of which usually ended up confiscated by teachers for being "inappropriate". She discovered the joys of romance novels when her mom's best friend gave her a box of old Harlequin books previously destined for the dump. Michele continues to enjoy reading books as fast as she can download them onto one of her four nooks, especially contemporary and historical erotic romances with an emphasis on BDSM and menage. She lives for the HEA/HFN and is decidedly pro-epilogue.
Hi, y'all! My name is Just Jinny and I'm a little ol' West Texas girl with a wonderful husband and a house full of animals. By day, I'm a customer service rep for a phone company. I spend my days bouncing between fixing mind melting problems and mindless data entry. By night (and weekends), I am a bed lounging romance novel reader and an advocate for adoptable animals. I'm a hopeless romantic and an optimist at heart, even though I can worry a tad much. Some days, after a hard day at work, the only thing that can right my world is a well written story where love always prevails.
Just Jinny also has her own blog, A Girl in the Real World, which just so happens to have cupcakes in the banner...how can that not be a good thing I ask you?
Finally, I'd like to congratulate all of the authors with new releases this week, especially Musings authors Cynthia Eden, Emma Lang, Pamela Clare, Maya Banks, Tori St. Claire, Stephanie Julian, Mia Marlowe & Connie Mason, Roni Loren, Shayla Black, Vivian Arend & Lexxie Couper, & Laura Navarre! Congrats ladies.
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.