Monday, August 6
Well, I hate to say it, but it's Monday.....again....*sigh*. And to make matters worse, I've been trying to read Thief of Shadows by Elizabeth Hoyt, for like a week, and just can't seem to get into it. Normally Elizabeth Hoyt is a slam dunk for me, as in I've never read a book of hers that I haven't loved loved loved. Not just loved, but majorly LOVED! She's been on my favorites lists every year since I discovered her books. I don't know if it is just me and my current mood, or if it's the book. Another *sigh*.
So despite having books that I should read for review, I think I'm going to go for a recommended read from reviewer DD. We emailed a bit over the weekend and she told me she has been reading books by Kristen Ashley. DD and I have very similar tastes in books so when she tells me that Ms. Ashley writes the best alpha heroes ever, and that her books are like crack, I'm thinking I need to be checking these babies out! DD's favorite so far is The Golden Trail, and since they can be read out of order, that is the one I am going to start with. Want to read it with me?
Bet you were beginning to this I forgot our Muse. Nope, I was just saving the best for last :) Since you read all of my boringness you deserve a bit of a treat, LOL. Enjoy! (p.s. his name is in the url so you might want to Google him because he's just delicious from head to toe!)
This week at Seductive Musings:
- Tuesday: I will have a few reviews for you, not sure which, it will depend on how much time I have to prepare them this evening, but I'm going to try and have at least Cherished by Maya Banks and Lauren Dane.
- Wednesday: Author Claire Ashgrove will be my guest to share with us her new book Bound by Decency, and I will also have Andrea's review of the book.
- Thursday: Maybe a review, maybe a Thursday's Thoughts, or if you want a Blogging Behind the Scenes post, let me know what you are interested in knowing.
- Friday: I'll be hosting a Georgette Heyer birthday giveaway sponsored by Sourcebooks Casablanca. Me, I'm not so much of a fan, then again I've only DNF'd one of her books, but I know she is highly regarded. So this one is all for you, LOL!
- Tempting Trailer: This week's Tempting Trailer is for Alexandra Hawkins' All Afternoon with a Scandalous Marquess. If this book video doesn't make you want to read it, then....I'm speechless.
Finally, I'd like to congratulate all of the authors with new releases this week, especially Musings authors Heather Snow, Lora Leigh, Shiloh Walker, Eve Berlin, Delilah Devlin, Robin Kaye, Maya Banks & Lauren Dane, Beth Kery, Vivian Arend, and last but certainly not least Lorelei James! Congrats!! (some seriously good books out there this week)
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.