Monday, August 27
I can't tell you how excited I am that fall is almost here. I think I mentioned that last week, but it deserves repeating :) I've been super busy lately with not only the blog, but with the design business & family, so school starting up this week full time is perfect timing.
One of the benefits of designing book covers is scouting out images to make into covers. It takes a lot of time, but when you find images like this week's Muse it is all so worth it! I am so in love with this image, that I think I've pretty much decided to buy it to make a into cover myself, even though I don't have a commission for it. Because frankly I love it so much that I can't NOT do a cover with it. It calls to me :)
As romance readers what do you think? If you saw our Muse on a book cover would you be more likely or less likely to buy it...even if it was from an author you didn't know? Would you rather see it as a Romantic Suspense or a Paranormal Romance cover, or something else? Do you like the wet look? Or would you rather have the same model, but in a cowboy or Highlander setting? I could easily be persuaded, LOL. Tell me what you think, and maybe I'll design a cover and let you all have some input on some of the choices...what do you think?
- Tuesday: I will have some reviews for you, not sure which ones yet
- Wednesday: Author Julie Ann Walker will be my guest to share with us the first book in her new Black Knights Inc. Romantic Suspense series, Hell on Wheels (think motorcycle bad boy heroes)
- Thursday: M/M author Daisy Harris will be my guest to celebrate the release of her new book, Pride and Politics. Seductive Reviewer Andrea, is a big fan of this author and the Men of Holsum College series so I can't wait to learn more about them.
- Friday: More reviews for you and maybe something fun for the last holiday weekend of the summer.
- Saturday: I'll be taking part in a blog hop with lots of great prizes. I normally don't post on the weekends, but decided to make an exception since I think you will enjoy what is being given away :)
- Tempting Trailer: This week's Tempting Trailer is for the new Isabella Bradford Wylder Sisters Trilogy. I've been curious about this author and the series. The book trailer didn't really tell me much, so I'm still on the fence about whether or not to add it to a list of books I want to read. Have you read the first book, When You Wish Upon a Duke?
Finally, I'd like to congratulate all of the authors with new releases this week, especially Musings authors Beth Kery, Kieran Kramer, Jillian Stone, Tessa Dare, Anna Randol, Christie Craig & Shana Galen!!!