Monday, October 29
Do you feel your age? I don't....not at all! And this week when I was looking for a Muse I kept thinking "these men are all too young!" and too...pretty :) I so detest the media's obsession with youth and what is considered "beautiful". And sometimes it makes me just a little bit sad when the romances I read involve only "beautiful" people. There is beauty in uniqueness, and I enjoy love stories where at least one of the characters has what might be considered a beauty "flaw" or imperfection. Who embrace it because it is who they are. It's one of the reasons why I really enjoyed Maggie Robinson's new historical romance, Lord Gray's List because the heroine is thirty-two, unconventional, and has a larger than button nose :) Maggie Robinson often writes heroines with characteristics, or traits that are not typical to your traditional Regency English Miss and I adore that about her stories!
Our Muse this week may not be considered conventionally beautiful....he's much more rugged, and I think so incredibly sexy! Who do you think is sexy, even though they may not be considered "beautiful"?
This week at Seductive Musings:
- Tuesday: Review for 'Twas the Night Before Christmas by Sabrina Jeffries
- Wednesday: I hope to have two reviews for you. I know what they are, but you'll have to come back to find out :) It will be my treat to you on Halloween....no tricks I promise :)
- Thursday: I'll be participating in the Fall in Love Blog Hop hosted by Readers Confession. I have a confession to make :) I honestly don't remember signing up for this one...at all, but I guess I did
- Friday: Bronwen Evans will be my guest to share with us her new historical romance, To Challenge the Earl of Cravenswood.
- Tempting Trailer: This week's Tempting Trailer is for Jacquelyn Frank's new paranormal romance, Forbidden. I've not read this series, but I have to say this is one smokin hot book trailer :) It certainly tempts me despite not being a big paranormal romance reader.
Finally, I'd like to congratulate all of the authors with new releases this week, especially Musings authors Maggie Robinson, Margaret Mallory, Shiloh Walker, Donna Grant, Tiffany Clare, Melissa Mayhue, N.J. Walters, & Sabrina Jeffries. Congrats!!!
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.