Friday, October 12
Somehow it's the middle of October, and I'm just now getting around to sharing what a few of the Seductive Reviewers and I read and recommend from the month that was September. And since the weekend is upon us and you may be looking for some good reading this weekend I thought today would be the perfect day to share them with you.
I'll go first since my list is the shortest :)
I read a total of 10 books in September, that's slightly more than last month. Woo hoo! These are listed in no particular order:
- Matthew by Emma Lang 3.25 stars/3.5 sensuality
- Double Down by Katie Porter 4.50 stars/4.25 sensuality
- Stygian's Honor by Lora Leigh 2.75 stars/3.5 sensuality
- Inside Bet by Katie Porter 3.75 stars/4.50 sensuality
- The Dirty Girls Book Club by Savanna Fox 3.50 stars/3.75 sensuality
- Because You Are Mine (parts 6-8) collectively 4.25 stars/4.25 sensuality
- Playing to Win by Jaci Burton 3.75 stars/4.00 sensuality
- Temptation in a Kilt by Victoria Roberts 3.25 stars /2.75 sensuality
- In Rides Trouble by Julie Ann Walker 3.75 stars/ 3.50 sensuality
- Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks 4.25 stars/ 3.5 sensuality
One of my favorite erotic romances so far this year! If you are in the mood for a historical romance, than I also highly recommend Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks. Even though I really enjoy Maya Banks' erotic romances, I think she is even better as a historical romance author. I think this is my favorite of all of her Highland romances.
Finally I would also recommend Because You Are Mine by Beth Kery, of course you'd have to read parts 1-5, but 6-8 didn't disappoint and it was kind of a bummer when I finished the last installment after being captivated by the story for 8 weeks.
- The Pharaoh's Concubine by Z.A Maxfield 4 stars/3.5 sensuality
- Where the Heart Is by Elizabeth Silver 4 stars3.75 sensuality
- Talker by Amy Lane 3.5 stars/3 sensuality
- Talker's Redemption by Amy Lane 4 stars/3 sensuality
- St. Nacho's by Z.A Maxfield 4 stars/3.5 sensuality
- Physical Therapy (St. Nacho's #2) by Z.A Maxfield 4 stars/3.25 sensuality
- Stained Glass by Jaime Samms 3.5 stars/3 sensuality
- Hot Head by Damon Suede 3 stars/3.25 sensuality
- Self Preservation by Ethan Day 3 stars/3 sensuality
- Steamroller by Mary Calmes 2 stars/3 sensuality
- Worth Waiting For by Xondra Day 3 stars/3 sensuality
- Torched by Chloe Stowe 2 stars/3 sensuality
- Love Means... No Boundaries (Farm #3) by Andrew Grey 4 stars/3 sensuality
- Mourning Heaven by Amy Lane 5 stars/3 sensuality (read full review here)
- Snowball in Hell by Josh Lanyon 3 stars/3 sensuality
- The Prayer Waltz by K.Z. Snow 3 stars/3.25 sensuality
- How to Drive a Dragon Crazy by G.A. Aiken 2 stars/3 sensuality
- The Good Fight by Andrew Grey 5 stars/3 sensuality (read full review here)
- Gasp! by Z.A Maxfield 3 stars/3.25 sensuality
- Beach Balls by Tara Lain 3 stars/3.5 sensuality
- Fatal Shadows by Josh Lanyon 3 stars/3 sensuality
- Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost 4 stars/3 sensuality
- Faith & Fidelity by Tere Michaels 3.5 stars/3 sensuality
- We Danced by Jeff Erno 3.5 stars/3 sensuality
- Bad Moon Rising by Sherrilyn Kenyon 4 stars/3 sensuality
- Half Baked Promises by Erica Pike 4 stars/3 sensuality (read full review here)
- Chaser by Rick R. Reed 5 stars/3 sensuality (read full review here)
- My Vampire and I by J.P. Bowie 2 stars/3.25 sensuality
From Seductive Reviewer DD who read 13 books in September:
Lately, I have been steering away from the run of the mill contemporary. I have read so many books that I have the formula figured out backwards and forwards. Formulas are fine, but when it’s no longer enjoyable or you no longer have any surprises it’s time to change it up. I am very busy at work all the time, and when I sit down and read in the evenings it better darn well be worth it.
I have been craving a superb, sweeping, sexy, EPIC novel. I don’t know if those exist, but I have started reading historicals (i.e. Pamela Clare and Lisa Kleypas) and that is somewhat satisfying my craving. But, the fortunate thing is I have discovered Kristen Ashley. I am obsessed. She is as close as I can get to epic characters in contemporary novels. She is self-published, and literally is my favorite author of all time right now. She is in the group in my head as Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Judith McNaught, Lisa Kleypas, Kristin Higgins, which are my VERY favorites. She has surpassed them. I don’t have enough words to describe how wonderful they are, but her heroes eclipse every hero I have read so far (Well, except Linda Howards’s Mackenzies and Jack Travis from Kleypas). They. Are. All. Amazing. BEYOND a typical Alpha. Some of her works are better than others of course, but I cannot stop reading her books, and she cranks them out like a mad woman. I don’t know how she does it. She must have some pretty amazing men in her life to draw from. Lucky girl.
- Mercy-Julie Garwood *Rating: 3 Stars. Sensuality: 2.5
- Let Me Be The One-Bella Andre *Rating 3 Stars. Sensuality 3
- One Night Rodeo-Lorelei James *Rating 2.5 Stars. Sensuality 4.5
- Dream Lake-Lisa Kleypas *Rating 4 Stars. Sensuality 2 .
- All Summer Long-Susan Mallery *Rating 3.5 Stars. Sensuality 3
- Heaven and Hell-Kristen Ashley *Rating 3.5 Stars. Sensuality 4
- Sweet Release-Pamela Clare *Rating 4.75 Stars. Sensuality 3.75
- Playing to Win-Jaci Burton *Rating 2 Stars. Sensuality 4
- Creed-Kristen Ashley *Rating 5 Stars. Sensuality 4.5
- Play it Safe-Kristen Ashley *Rating 5 Stars. Sensuality 4
- Sommersgate House-Kristen Ashley *Rating 3.75 Stars. Sensuality 3
- Defiant-Pamela Clare *Rating 4 Stars. Sensuality 4.
- On Dublin Street-Samantha Young *Rating 4.75 Stars. Sensuality 4
Susan Mallery and Julie Garwood are always an enjoyable read, but I’m not moved by any of it. Lisa Kleypas has a new series, right now including Rainshadow Road and Dream Lake. They are not sensual novels, but sweet love stories with a hint of other wordly-ness thrown in (read: special powers, a few ghosts) but I have enjoyed the first two immensely.
Recommendations: Pamela Clare is the WOMAN, of course, you can’t seem to go wrong with anything she writes. I would highly recommend Defiant, and actually the whole series before it (Surrender, Untamed, etc.). All Excellent. A real surprise was On Dublin Street. It was surprisingly awesome. I would highly recommend. An alpha Scotsman business man. What a combo.
And of course, my new love, Kristen Ashley. My favorite series of hers is called the ‘Burg Series. This includes For You, At Peace, Golden Trail, Games of the Heart, all BEYOND EXCELLENT novels. These are real men, with teenagers and lives and families and ex wives, and all kinds of problems. These men are the ones all women wish they had in their neighborhood to protect them and look at. But make no mistake-they are not perfect-they’re stubborn and have made stupid mistakes and have hurt women and others that they care about because of pride and idiocy. But they Love who they Love and when they do it’s HOT. I loved all four of these books to distraction and I highly recommend them.
From Seductive reviewer Michele who read 25 books last month, some of which were also on my list and Andrea's list. They are in no particular order:
- A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness 5 stars
- Hold 'Em (Vegas Top Guns, #3) by Katie Porter 5 stars
- No Flowers Required (Love Required, #2) by Cari Quinn 4 stars
- On Dublin Street by Samantha Young 5 stars
- Power Play by Emily Cale 4 stars
- Wildflower by Lynda Bailey 4 stars
- Because I Am Yours (Because You Are Mine, #8) by Beth Kery 5 stars
- Because I Need To (Because You Are Mine, #7) by Beth Kery 5 stars
- Patience (Passion Quartet, #2) by Lisa Valdez 3 stars
- For His Pleasure (For His Pleasure, #1) by Kelly Favor 2 stars
- Passion (Passion Quartet, #1)by Lisa Valdez 5 stars
- Burn For You by Annabel Joseph 5 stars
- Club Mephisto by Annabel Joseph 4 stars
- Molly’s Lips: Club Mephisto Retold by Annabel Joseph 5 stars
- Naughty Little Secret by, Shelley Bradley 4 stars
- Strictly Forbidden by Shelley Bradley 4 stars
- Blaze of Winter (Star Harbor, #2) by, Elisabeth Barrett 4 stars
- Deep Autumn Heat (Star Harbor, #1) by, Elisabeth Barrett 4 stars
- Worth the Risk (Worth It, #2) by Karen Erickson 5 stars
- Worth the Scandal (Worth It, #1) by Karen Erickson 5 stars
- Because You Torment Me (Because You Are Mine, #6) by Beth Kery 5 stars
- Diary of a Submissive by Sophie Morgan 5 stars
- Bound By Love by Bella Andre 4 stars
- Shooting Stars by Bella Andre 3 stars
- Coercion (Curio, #2) by Cara McKenna 4 stars
This month I decided to provide links to only the recommended reads, but to include all of the books read in an Amazon widget when possible...in case you were curious about any of them.
I was kind of surprised by the variety of the books read by all of the contributing Musings reviewers. There were only a few that more than one of us read that were the same. On Dublin Street was recommended by both Michele & DD as well as over 600 five star reviews on Amazon, so I bought it :) I also purchased Hold 'Em by Katie Porter when it first came out since I loved the first book, Double Down so much. I'll let you know what I think of them when I get a chance to read them :)
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.