Monday, February 4
Hello! Yes, I'm still here, though you wouldn't know it from my absence lately.
So I guess I didn't quite make it back last week like I had planned. But I did get two books covers, plus some miscellaneous things done! Since it's what kept me so busy I thought I would share a bit about them with you. I've shared these on Facebook already, but for those of you who don't care for Facebook here's what kept me away from the blog:
The first one is Mia Marlowe's Stroke of Genius. This is a title that was previously published under her pen name Emily Bryan, and will be re-released in February with the same title but as Mia Marlowe (in just a few weeks). The male model, Andrew, is new to Illustrated Romance, the stock provider I use quite a bit for covers, and I just LOVE his "look". I think he has that sexy smoldering gaze down :) I also love that he has chest hair, as well as an open shirt instead of the typical naked man chest. You don't see that much anymore in book covers. Recently the trend has been to be smooth, contoured and hair-free, which is nice, don't get me wrong, but sometimes au naturale is good too you know what I mean :)
I read Stroke of Genius (this is the original print version) when it first came out and loved that it had a hero that was an artist, a sculptor to be precise. I thought that was so refreshing in historical romance. Seeing this new cover makes me want to read it again ;)
The other covers that kept me quite busy recently were the new covers for Pamela Clare's first two book in her Kenleigh-Blakewell Family series, to celebrate the upcoming re-release of Ride the Fire, which is the third book in the series (and one I can't wait to read!). When the new cover for Ride the Fire was revealed the idea was bandied about to give the first two books in the series a makeover so that they all had a similar look and feel. Hence the new covers for Sweet Release and Carnal Gift. I just love the, but I'm not biased at all. LOL.
Sweet Release was the first historical romance by Pamela Clare that I read and I LOOOOOOVED it! Loved it! I found Pamela with her I-Team Romantic Suspense series, which I also LOVE LOVE LOVE, but you know how I am about historical romance. It's my first romance love, so reading these put me on a book high, LOL. I haven't read Ride the Fire yet, so on Friday when I will be able to make it to Barnes and Noble, I'm going to be buying that baby and petting it all the way home. There's nothing weird about that is there? And yes, I will be buying it in print rather than digital. I know now that Ms. Clare's books are keepers for me so, and I like to have all of my keepers in print.
Well, There you have it :) It was time well spent, but I missed you all too! What have you been up to? Read anything good lately? Tell me tell me tell me. And just so you know I still think about you all, how about a new Muse for this week :) (I know I said that it was nice to have a partially covered chest that wasn't manscaped, but this Muse is a definite argument against that thought. Seriously, what are those muscles at the side of his abs, because those are something to behold!)
This week at Seductive Musings:
- Tuesday & Wednesday: I'll have some reviews for you. Even though I haven't been reading much lately, Musings reviewers Andrea & Michele have and have some reviews to share with you.
- Thursday: It's do or die. It's February and I still haven't posted my Favorite Reads of 2012. Shame *hangs head*.
- Friday: If I have time I'd like to do a fun post, but if something has to give it will be this post. So we'll have to wait and see.
Also of Interest:
- I mentioned early in the post that I use a lot of images from Illustrated Romance in the book covers that I design. It just so happens that IR is celebrating some of it's romance book covers with a HUGE giveaway of two e-readers loaded with the books she's featuring. Check out the "Superstars of Romance Cover Tour" and enjoy all the pretties :)
- The Houston RWA is having a cover contest, and one of my book covers has been entered (Wicked Wagers Trilogy by Bronwen Evans). Woo Hoo! I voted and had lots of fun doing it. Honestly one of my favorite covers was for Hook & Jill. It was AMAZING! I've never heard of the book but it's got a slammin' cover! If you'd like to go vote, you can check it out here.
Finally, I'd like to congratulate all of the authors with new releases this week, especially Musings authors Leigh LaValle, Erin Nicholas, Vivian Arend, Mari Carr, Anne Gracie, Grace Burrowes, Maya Banks, Lauren Dane, Jaci Burton, Olivia Cunning, Victoria Roberts, Terry Spear, Shiloh Walker & Pamela Clare! Congrats!!!
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.