Tuesday, April 30
Author: Lacey Savage
Genre: Contemporary Erotic Romance
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
Date/Year: April 2013
Reviewed by: Michele
*This book was provided to the reviewer by the author in exchange for an honest review
Summary from the publisher:
He’s turned their suburban basement into a dungeon—and hired a sexy Dom to teach them the art of BDSM.
Desperately in love with his wife, Cole’s aware of sensitive sexual demons in Ginny’s past, and will try anything to beat them. Whips, toys, ménage play with the Dom…all these and more could help Ginny find pleasure, break through her issues.
Or, if they’re not careful, possibly just break Ginny.
When Ginny leaves town for her annual work conference trip on the week of their wedding anniversary, both she and Cole worry that the end of their marriage might be near. But his suggestion that they celebrate her return with the most outrageously sexual thing they can imagine, the explosive results will either save their relationship or end it forever.
I admit that I was skeptical that Cole and Ginny could have stayed together for more than a year with this serious problem still between them. But as the story progressed, it was obvious that their love for each other had convinced them both that this was a temporary problem and it was only now that they were starting to worry it was permanent. When Ginny actually forgot that her return flight was the same day as their wedding anniversary, both she and Cole were shocked into making one last extreme effort because neither of them wanted to be without the other.
As tormented as Ginny was, I was gratified that there was no immediate magical cure for what ailed her. The progression of events from when she impulsively gets her nipples pierced while away on her trip, to when Cole brings his friend Erik (a Dom for hire!) into their marriage were plotted carefully and written beautifully. Each of the failed attempts along the way showed us just how damaged Ginny had been and made the ultimate discovery of what she needed fit perfectly and the success at the end all the more satisfying. I read “Coming Unbound’ twice and it got me right in the gut both times. I would love to see a story featuring Erik and will definitely be reading more works by Lacey Savage in the future.
Sensuality level: 4 (light BDSM including sensation and pain play, menage)
For a complete understanding and definition of the ratings at Seductive Musings, click here
- Wicked Wolves and Dreaming Dragons (sorry it's not much of a review, but I couldn't find any others)
- Goodreads (avg rating as of 4/29/2013= 4.00 stars)
To celebrate the release of Coming Unbound, author Lacey Savage will be awarding a $25 Amazon gift certificate to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour. Here's how you can enter to win:
Ways to earn entries:
- Mandatory: Leave a question or comment for Lacey about this book, the review, or any other burning need to know question you might have (good for 1 entry)
- Leave a comment at each stop on the blog tour to earn additional entries for the grand prize
- The winner(s) will be selected randomly from among all of the comments of the blog tour by either the author or by Goddess Fish Promotions who will also be responsible for contacting the winner(s). Please contact the promoter for all the official rules and disclaimers.
- Seductive Musings is not responsible for prizes that are not honored, distributed in a timely manner, lost, stolen, or damaged during transit
- All giveaways are subject to change/cancellation without prior written notice
*Seductive Musings is an Amazon affiliate and receives a very small referral fee for purchases made via the links on the blog and through the Seductive Musings Amazon Store. Read the full disclosure here.